Bonsai Auction/99 Cent Bonsai Shadiness - and a better alternative!

Palltergeist

Seedling
Reaction score
I feel bad for those in positions where they have to hire young people today....
These kids dont know how to speak in person, they cant make eye contact.....its sad really.....they are screwed up from screens!

I bet if the hiring manager had special glasses on that had 2 small LCD screens showing his/her eyes, they'd have no problem staring.

What the hell is the world gonna look like in 30 years?......scary.

you're aware that this is a gross sweeping over generalization?

where did you get your information about "these kids"? either your sources of information are subject to as much corruption, censorship, coercion, and bias as any other, or the 'kids' you hang out with must be very different from the kids i hang out with

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B

where did you get your information about "these kids"? either your sources of information are subject to as much corruption, censorship, coercion, and bias as any other, or the 'kids' you hang out with must be very different from the kids i hang out with
I have to train them.
Kids in MD are super fucked up.
Totally vacuous.....very sad.
I dunno what part of the solar system you live in, but I can speak for Baltimore and MD.....its bad dude.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yeah, I get them here...but then some might be paranoid about clicking the link...
Hahahaha!
"Find a big word for any word" ....lol!
That's hilarious!

I wonder if the big word for the website is Thesaurus.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
all of them? or just a percentage of them? and how would that percentage compare to 30 years ago?

you have never met an "adult" who was "totally vacuous"? I think the sighting is just as common
Yeah all of them.
Lol!

Potentially, but even a vacuous adult has more life experience and relative wisdom.

And 30 years ago, not many had trouble with basic conversation in person.....or the inability to maintain focus for more than 10 seconds......or a pocket full of prescription drugs that their insane mother put them on at age 3 to "calm them down"....
An entire generation is destroyed from SSRI's and social media.
That's how it looks to me.
Of course there is still hope......not every single person fits this description, but way too many do and its a shame.....oh yeah, they also have no sense of shame, which is a problem.
Shame is a good thing.....helps keep people in line in life.

I know this is all very pessimistic.....but I have found through my life to keep my hopes high and expectations low.
That way, when shit turns out half decent, its like a pleasant surprise....and when it all falls apart, that's what I expected.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have to train them.
Kids in MD are super fucked up.
Totally vacuous.....very sad.
I dunno what part of the solar system you live in, but I can speak for Baltimore and MD.....its bad dude.
In fairness it isn't just the kids in MD. What is a kid to do when he gets suspended for biting his pop tart in the shape of a gun. Seriously?
The adults should be in charge of raising them.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't understand people who say they've never tried something yet condemn it. Sure, Facebook is one factor in the deterioration of human interaction.

However, you have not protested the larger technological environment that you're using RIGHT NOW. The 'net supports multitudes of corrosive stuff--including forums like this one--on which I've seen more toxic exchanges that I've EVER seen on FB.
If you've seen worse here than Facebook then you haven't been on Facebook very long. I was there in 2004 when it was created. We saw what was coming when they announced they were opening it to high school students, and then a week later when they changed their mind and decided to open it to EVERYONE. I've spent years on Facebook and finally gave up a few years ago. I got tired of arguing morals and politics with friends on a forum that just amplifies animosity. I followed from the beginning every tidbit of news about their ever increasing subversive and invasive meddling and data logging. They control your news feed and what you see, they control who you see posting and who you don't. They suck up every bit and byte of information you give them, every word you type, even if you delete it and don't send it, and sell it to the highest bidder. The government has broad access to them. Arguing about how great Facebook is is a losing argument if you actually know anything about Facebook.

By the way, here is today's latest headline. The irony....IMG_6928.JPG

Last edited:

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b

No the kids he is talking about are just like you. I see it on applications all the time! no capitalization no punctuation continuous run on sentences if the program doesn’t have spell check your shit out of luck trying to figure owt wat ther tieing sai

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well, then what would you suggest in your infinite Facebook wisdom?

Seriously, I would like to know how I can participate in the Bonsai Auctions without having to post pictures of the pancakes that I ate for breakfast or having to read about the political opinions of the guy who sat three seats behind me in high school history class.

You're not missing much dude. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
No the kids he is talking about are just like you. I see it on applications all the time! no capitalization no punctuation continuous run on sentences if the program doesn’t have spell check your shit out of luck trying to figure owt wat ther tieing sai

HAHA! Delicious delivery.

This thread is amazing. *crunching popcorn*

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
If you've seen worse here than Facebook then you haven't been on Facebook very long. I was there in 2004 when it was created. We saw what was coming when they announced they were opening it to high school students, and then a week later when they changed their mind and decided to open it to EVERYONE. I've spent years on Facebook and finally gave up a few years ago. I got tired of arguing morals and politics with friends on a forum that just amplifies animosity. I followed from the beginning every tidbit of news about their ever increasing subversive and invasive meddling and data logging. They control your news feed and what you see, they control who you see posting and who you don't. They suck up every bit and byte of information you give them, every word you type, even if you delete it and don't send it, and sell it to the highest bidder. The government has broad access to them. Arguing about how great Facebook is is a losing argument if you actually know anything about Facebook.

By the way, here is today's latest headline. The irony....View attachment 274791
Amen dude, I quit it not too long after the 2016 election. It became an echo chamber for everybody’s self righteous and ultimately useless opinions. Can’t make the world a better place by incessantly posting your opinion on the internet. It became all “I, me, me, mine” in the words of John Lennon. Nobody can listen or have a legitimate conversation when the platform is designed to just hold a mirror up to yourself.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, instead of toxic, how about "fucked up"

It's more respectable, they're too afraid to use a word like that to start a trend, since that word can't be confused for something else! It's a truth people can't face or fake.

Sorce

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have an account still open that I never log into, except for when my buddy sends me links to bonsai auction stuff 😂😂. Maybe every few months I’ll take a peek at the bonsai stuff. But I’m so done with Facebook in general that it’s hard for me to want to log on at all to check out bonsai auctions.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
I wonder, are people truly content with the world being run by a small group of companies or are they just too far down the rabbit hole to get out?

Top Bottom