Bonsai is for Morons?

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
A little twist, you are either blind or King

Anyway, I don't know were Walter was going with QED but there seems to be a bit of a paradox with old saying "blind in one eye". It seems to have a Latin origin 'luscus' adapted from Old French word 'Loshe' which means "squinted eye". But on the other side I always heard of "In regione caecorum rex est luscus". In the country of the blind the one-eyed man is King.

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have something to add here Will or am I missing something?

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
lets here it for the 'tards'

Back on track here. It all gets back to the intelligence thing. I quote from Walter's 'blind in one eye' essay. "What really strikes me is when I meet otherwise reasonable, intelligent, cultivated and learned people who are utterly unreasonable about judging their own trees". Walter seems confounded about how this could be and goes on to search for reasons. Is it "I did it so it's beautiful thing" or is it the two dimensional pictures are throwing them off. What is wrong with these people?
Walter, if I want to catch yellow-tailed snapper, I don't fish in the Gulf Stream. If I am looking for good design critics, I avoid the intelligent, book learned, verbal type people. The "gifties" are terrible at art, totally Luscus. If you want savvy people that understand aesthetics, feelings and creativity you got to hang out with a different crowd all together.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you have something to add here Will or am I missing something?

I did add it, and yes you missed it. I referenced the quote you threw out to its proper source. I also brought up that the quote misses the point clearly given in the article of Walter's.

Hope, that clears it up for you.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Walter, if I want to catch yellow-tailed snapper, I don't fish in the Gulf Stream. If I am looking for good design critics, I avoid the intelligent, book learned, verbal type people. The "gifties" are terrible at art, totally Luscus. If you want savvy people that understand aesthetics, feelings and creativity you got to hang out with a different crowd all together.

This is conjecture and really bears no resemblance to actual life. When is the last time you were in a good coffee house or at an art exhibit? The thought that intelligence is somehow an hindrance to producing quality art is a falsehood. The statement that talented artists are not intelligent is an insult.

Will

king kong

Banned
Reaction score
artists like other artists

Read this, thought it interesting. Artists are 'weird' from childhood. Creative people choose their path early in life and have similarities like scholastic boredom, difficulty making friends and social problems. Some characteristics of creative people are.
Heightened responses to natural surroundings
High standard of work ethic
Early presence of a mentor
Early formation of personal identity
Defiance of conventional thinking

Attachments

• bt forum.jpg
    bt forum.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Top Bottom