Bonsai on the Bayou Houston, TX April 11-14, 2019

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There were a number of winners - Pete Parker (Best in Show, Best Deciduous, Best Tropical, Best Kusamono), Mark Fields (Best Shohin Display), myself (ABS award, Best Shohin Tree), Dawn Koetting (Best Texas Native), Rob Kempinski (Tropical Honorable Mention), Vern Maddox (Best Suiseki), Luis Teran (Joshua Roth New Talent Winner), Howard Smith (Best Conifer).

There are more, but I can’t think of them right now.

S
High proportion of SoB to winners in that list!

It looks like you guys pulled together a great convention! The president of the Atlanta Club is thinking about trying to do one in a couple years!

We need to talk...

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
High proportion of SoB to winners in that list!

It looks like you guys pulled together a great convention! The president of the Atlanta Club is thinking about trying to do one in a couple years!

We need to talk...

Sure!

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

markey has to know your game ain't no lie....no more trading pools for wisterias!!;):D:D:D:D:D:D

…...slammed Impala, no Tesla please!!:cool:

It's not a surprise, u so solid, make granite go marshmallow. Aces.:)

BillsBayou

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hi coh

Yes there will be videos. Bonsai Supply came in from Florida - they took a lot of footage and will be producing a video of the event. Also @BillsBayou was there with a camera glued to his eyeball. He’s already posted several videos.

- S
Next time, don't bring your wife. ;)

Scott and his wife got into a bidding war over a beautiful Sara Rayner pot. I was stuck by a sudden feverish delirium and blurted out $675! Two bids later Scott had finally won out over his wife for $725. You dirty rat.

I had a great deal of fun at the convention. I won my own Sara Rayner pot for a mere $400. It was great seeing so many friends and meeting with people who I only know by their usernames.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Next time, don't bring your wife. ;)

Scott and his wife got into a bidding war over a beautiful Sara Rayner pot. I was stuck by a sudden feverish delirium and blurted out $675! Two bids later Scott had finally won out over his wife for $725. You dirty rat.

I had a great deal of fun at the convention. I won my own Sara Rayner pot for a mere $400. It was great seeing so many friends and meeting with people who I only know by their usernames.

LOL - actually I stopped bidding at $700. My wife won it at $725 using my own bidding number (so even though I lost, I still had to pay). It’s OK though - looks like I’m getting it back for my birthday. Luckily the pot turned out to be the perfect size for holding my divorce papers.

Great to see you at the convention Bill and great to hear you had a good time. Sorry I couldn’t spend more time socializing with you - I was tearing my hair out all weekend.

- Scott

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Part one of the convention video has been released. Enjoy!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOL - actually I stopped bidding at $700. My wife won it at $725 using my own bidding number (so even though I lost, I still had to pay). It’s OK though - looks like I’m getting it back for my birthday. Luckily the pot turned out to be the perfect size for holding my divorce papers.

Great to see you at the convention Bill and great to hear you had a good time. Sorry I couldn’t spend more time socializing with you - I was tearing my hair out all weekend.

- Scott
Well, ya know now we HAVE to see the pot.;)

Top Bottom