Cal juniper

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
I probably should wait a year to post this as I'm fighting prostrate cancer at the moment so money could be kinda tight. Anyway , I've developed a real desire for a Cal juni or two. I'm only interested in small ( 2' max ) trees with their own foilage. I've seen some grafted trees at Gary Itto's and they just look like shimps. I'll be in the Pasadena area this June and plan on visiting Fuji and Kimura. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Hey Dwight!! Man, I am sorry to hear about your battle...I wish you the very best and hope the outcome is a good one!

Good luck, and I am sure you will find a few Juipers in California.

Jason

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Thanks Jason.

I went to Chikugo-En in Oct. Found a great Kishu Shimp but all the cal junies Gary had were hugh. One of them was six feet long at least. He said he usually gets big ones in and uses them for demos and sells some to clubs for demos and auctions and such.

I'm kinda hoping to hear from some individuals that collect and would be willing to help me out. I have a friend in the koi biz who could take care of the shipping and he has a friend who does bonsai who would probably help with the packing if the seller didn't want to mess with it.

Reaction score
cal. junipers

I probably should wait a year to post this as I'm fighting prostrate cancer at the moment so money could be kinda tight. Anyway , I've developed a real desire for a Cal juni or two. I'm only interested in small ( 2' max ) trees with their own foilage. I've seen some grafted trees at Gary Itto's and they just look like shimps. I'll be in the Pasadena area this June and plan on visiting Fuji and Kimura. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hey Dwight
there's a guy named bonhe on the bonsaitalk forum who knows a guy who sells collected cal junipers.
see if you can make contact with bonhe etc.
good luck !
art r.

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Art ,
Already tried but the guy he knows doesn't like to sell to anyone he doesn't know. Can't blame really after all the work he puts in them.

xiaohuang7

Seed
Reaction score
still looking ?

dwight,

e-mail me if you're still looking to get your hands on a california juni.

xiaohuang7[at]yahoo.com

john
los angeles, ca

Top Bottom