Change is bad. We fear change. :)

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
O
I a,m afraid that messyages with multiple pictures do not work correctly. At least the full size ones. It is impossible for me to create a single mesage with two picutes which are full size. Only one will be..
If i click on to 'mulitple' images ' and then 'full size' nothing happens..

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another challenge with pictures. It seems the site stalls loading pictures when you remove focus from the screen.

As a result scrolling becomes very jumpy. I normally open all "new posts" in their own tab, By the time I finished reading the first, the last will have fully loaded and I can scroll through the treat without it jumping around as it sill needs to load images, text etc. Now in the new version there seems to be a bug that stops the site from loading if you are not in the thread. As a result, if I scroll on a page it still needs to load the images and what not, and the page jumps up and down as I am reading.

I am in firefox. Maybe that makes a difference?

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't know if it's because of the update but I have no option to apply smileys. In fact I have less of everything now. This is what it looks like now..
Screenshot_20201014-151058.png

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I will be updating software today. The site will be changing slightly as we upgrade, including improved functionality for a lot of things.
Thank you for all the work you do to keep this site running smoothly. I truly appreciate your efforts!
Cheers
DSD sends

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another challenge with pictures. It seems the site stalls loading pictures when you remove focus from the screen.

As a result scrolling becomes very jumpy. I normally open all "new posts" in their own tab, By the time I finished reading the first, the last will have fully loaded and I can scroll through the treat without it jumping around as it sill needs to load images, text etc. Now in the new version there seems to be a bug that stops the site from loading if you are not in the thread. As a result, if I scroll on a page it still needs to load the images and what not, and the page jumps up and down as I am reading.

I am in firefox. Maybe that makes a difference?
Same issue.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can you explain what this means?
It is as described in the next paragraph: When I open multiple tabs, these tabs do not load the content untill I start scrolling. Which means that the screen becommes "jumpy" as the images are being brought in. Also long threads with many pictures do not seem to load all the pictures. So if I scroll up and down, things constantly have to load. Not sure I am making this clearer :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It is as described in the next paragraph: When I open multiple tabs, these tabs do not load the content untill I start scrolling. Which means that the screen becommes "jumpy" as the images are being brought in. Also long threads with many pictures do not seem to load all the pictures. So if I scroll up and down, things constantly have to load. Not sure I am making this clearer :)

It has to do with how your browser caches image files. Because this site uses lots of large image files, if you go to a thread that has a lot of images, your browser will only load a certain number of images (based on your settings). Then as you scroll down in the thread, your computer will "choke" as the browser pauses while it loads more images from the site. If this is what the problem is (which I'm pretty sure it is) it is not under my control - aside from globally limiting the size of images on this site to make them small so that more can load more at a time (though each image would be lower quality).

If you go to a thread that doesn't have any images, you should see that the site loads seamlessly.

Go into your browser settings and double the size of your cache, and that should hopefully resolve the issue (or make it less noticeable).

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
O
I a,m afraid that messyages with multiple pictures do not work correctly. At least the full size ones. It is impossible for me to create a single mesage with two picutes which are full size. Only one will be..
If i click on to 'mulitple' images ' and then 'full size' nothing happens.

@Walter Pall I am not able to reproduce this problem. If I upload two or three images to a message, I am able to get them to display full size in a message without an issue.

Can you send me a message that has the images in it that don't work?

Walter Pall

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Walter Pall I am not able to reproduce this problem. If I upload two or three images to a message, I am able to get them to display full size in a message without an issue.

Can you send me a message that has the images in it that don't work?
Thanks, I found that it is with the Ubuntu browser. I can see the images on Firefox just fine.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Go into your browser settings and double the size of your cache, and that should hopefully resolve the issue (or make it less noticeable).
will try. Did you change something in the image settings no your hand though? I did NOT have this before the update..

But maybe the update cause my existing cache to empty, resulting in a need to reload all images.

Will monitor.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Did you change something in the image settings no your hand though? I did NOT have this before the update..

But maybe the update cause my existing cache to empty, resulting in a need to reload all images.

I did not change anything on my end. However I know exactly what you are talking about - because I have had the same issue on another xenforo site that I visit. Let me research this a bit...

Top Bottom