CM BONSAI!!

Gran_Puma

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't think people realize that shipping usually costs quite a bit, most companies end up getting a discounted rate depending on their shipping volume.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to receiving my one pine from him. Going off of his posts, the trees look exceedingly healthy and large for their age.

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
Had a very poor result with a tree bought from CM. Price was high but the pic of the tree looked great. Unfortunately it was not the tree he sent me which made Home Depot bonsai look good by comparison. Buyer beware here, spend on a reliable seller.

jevanlewis

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Had a very poor result with a tree bought from CM. Price was high but the pic of the tree looked great. Unfortunately it was not the tree he sent me which made Home Depot bonsai look good by comparison. Buyer beware here, spend on a reliable seller.
I'm sorry your experience was not a good one. I purchased 12 JBP seedlings from CM exactly one year ago and had a great experience. CM communicated frequently, shipped quickly, and packaged the trees very well. The trees were extremely healthy upon arrival and had lots of branches low on the trunk. The only issue was that three trees had thicker trunks than trees of comparable age, and so after letting them grow for a season I almost missed the window to add movement to the trunks. I guess that's a good problem to have!

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you had no problem, my experience was quite the opposite. The trees were sloppily planted with a few rocks and that was called a finished bonsai. The shipping barely made it to me and the bow was merely taped together with a second box to make it fit. It was coming apart on delivery. Personally I will not do business with CM.

Ohmy222

Shohin
Reaction score

I had no problem with 3 JBP seedlings I got. I also didn't see anything that was priced high as mine were like $10 a piece. He has only listed seedling cuttings so not sure what you are expecting.

Indoor Trees

Yamadori
Reaction score
I ordered a forest planting and it was pricy enough, over $100. The picture looked great but bore no resemblance to the bonsai I received.

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am glad to hear you had no problem, my experience was quite the opposite. The trees were sloppily planted with a few rocks and that was called a finished bonsai. The shipping barely made it to me and the bow was merely taped together with a second box to make it fit. It was coming apart on delivery. Personally I will not do business with CM.
He’s not selling finished bonsai my dude. These are very young trees. Next time know what’s you’re buying.

I have purchased a sapling from him before. It came exactly what he’s promoting and what I expected.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
There is something funny going on here. He only sells these propagated trees because he has to get rid of them. They take up space in his lab and he can't advance to the next species/level/process until he makes space. He is a science nut and is tweaking his process and needs to go through the whole cycle with enough units to prove his methods. The money is rather incidental except that it pays for his science project. Of all the people in the world who doesn't need to sell rocks... Let that sink in, selling, SHIPPING rocks.

Between B'Nutters and the friends we alert about his trees for sale, he doesn't need to sell rocks, we are more than happy to buy JBP, et al growing like gangbusters on their own roots. I think that @MSG needs to provide some provenance here.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Pictures? Because I have not seen a single tree from him that falls under the "Home depot bonsai" description.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks all for buying these!!!
Ironically if you buy more than one it evens out quite nicely.......aomeone bought 3 at $51 shipping.....I actually take a $10 or so loss,but not so bad just make my own box....ebay ship calculater is highly accurate per quantity.

****I WILL NEVER SHIP ANYTHING THAT NEEDS BIGGER THAN A 12” box.****

one of these Mikawa barely fit in a 12x18x12” box........more than one does not take way more room so shipping price improves.

lesson learned
Thanks for the support ,much appreciated
Curtis

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
And remember, Karma's a bitch.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Turns out it is a different CM, Mods can delete my posts and I apologize to this CM. 😥
Well, I appreciate you coming back and letting everyone know it was a different seller. Certainly once you figure out who it was, it might be worth starting a new thread detailing your experience with the different person.

Top Bottom