Complete Noob Please Help

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Repotted these two myself for the first time yesterday, one is a Chinese elm, and a brazilian raintree. hopefully I did not insult them too badly and they survive. Also my juniper after I did some clean up trimming, the juniper is usually outside.

Attachments

• chinese elm after repotting.jpg
    chinese elm after repotting.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 14
  • brazilian rain tree after repotting.jpg
    brazilian rain tree after repotting.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
  • juniper 2022.jpg
    juniper 2022.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 15

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Repotted these two myself for the first time yesterday, one is a Chinese elm, and a brazilian raintree. hopefully I did not insult them too badly and they survive.
I always wait until summer when they are outside and growing well to repot BRT's. Hopefully, it won't sulk too much.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The one guy was saying tropical trees can kinda be repotted anytime, he thinks early spring the best
Everyone has their opinions and know what works best for them. I've always had success repotting them in the summer, so that's what I'll do. Good aftercare is more important than the specific time you repot.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Waiting is often a good idea, especially in one’s first years as a bonsai hobbyist.

I‘ve made many mistakes in my first years by rushing into things when the trees aren’t ready and I haven’t done my due diligence on the research side.

best
DSD sends

Top Bottom