Dale Cochoy

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Been out of bonsai circles for awhile so I did not know the man, but as a ceramicist, I am really impressed with his pots.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Back in 2002 I bought a young larch forest from Dale at MABS. Several years later it became the first bonsai I had ever exhibited. It was shown at the 2007 MABS spring show. Fast forward many years later and sold it. The new owner got it into the 2014 US National.

The pic below is from around 2005. May he rest in peace!

WesB

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It took Dale 19 years of harassment to talk me into buying a motorcycle. I finally caved in last spring. I’m happy he won that battle and miss his humor already.

Attachments

• B428F170-5C99-4B65-A59D-C2F6A034D8D1.png
    B428F170-5C99-4B65-A59D-C2F6A034D8D1.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 28

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've wanted a Dale pot...it always seemed I had something going on when he listed them...Was wanting one that stood out from what I have going on in my pot collection. One knew I was friends of Dale and offered me a selection to choose from so I could have one for my bench. (Super nice of him.) I chose this one...because I think backwards...it could maybe house a grove in an untraditional sense...or the actual front and plant bog plants in it and make it a unique planting. Either or...it's different and I liked the finish he gave it. It spoke to me...It's one...I will never confuse with any other potter than Dale. Which is why I chose it.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've wanted a Dale pot...it always seemed I had something going on when he listed them...Was wanting one that stood out from what I have going on in my pot collection. One knew I was friends of Dale and offered me a selection to choose from so I could have one for my bench. (Super nice of him.) I chose this one...because I think backwards...it could maybe house a grove in an untraditional sense...or the actual front and plant bog plants in it and make it a unique planting. Either or...it's different and I liked the finish he gave it. It spoke to me...It's one...I will never confuse with any other potter than Dale. Which is why I chose it.
View attachment 226518View attachment 226519View attachment 226520View attachment 226521
The shape is reminiscent of pitcher plants.

Top Bottom