USDA Zone
6b
DSC_5440.JPG

DSC_5437.JPG

DSC_5438.JPG

DSC_5434.JPG

DSC_5436.JPG
Pre lit Durango Douglas fir wide tree.
Kind of difficult pulling it off this year without our fragile ornaments having a 6 month old kitten that now weighs
8# and climbs Christmas trees, wooden posts outdoors, the neighbors tree (on a leash) and pulls the ribbon out.
So we have 2 totes of decorations glass balls and various ornaments not being used.
The ribbon, my wife got it on, didn't like how it worked in, took it all off and added a white ribbon every other spiral.
All decorations have to come off to redo it, so we're sticking with it this way like it or not, plus kitty undoes it some.
We put some bells on the tree which alerts us to when he's into it, but he's being pretty good about it really. Bells help :)
Cat deterrent spray does not work, water bottle works better, but you have to be present to use it...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Kind of difficult pulling it off this year without our fragile ornaments
It's still really pretty. My husband has gotten me an ornament every year since we got married (so there's alot, lol) that's what makes our tree special. We had to forgo the tinsel, because our cat tries to eat it. :mad:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It was really tough when my family went to the woods to cut our Christmas tree this year. Not only do we not have 10 foot high ceilings any more since we moved, but I didn't see one damned Christmas tree in the whole freaking forest. Just yamadori everywhere.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It was really tough when my family went to the woods to cut our Christmas tree this year. Not only do we not have 10 foot high ceilings any more since we moved, but I didn't see one damned Christmas tree in the whole freaking forest. Just yamadori everywhere.
...actually this is in reverse...you struck it rich, I just couldn't find that scene on YouTube .

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
OK, it might not look very festive, but this is what I do instead of decking the halls at my own house. Our Toys for Tots program is fortunate to have a strong relationship with local law enforcement. We use a small corner of the garage part of the former armory as warehouse space, and the whole place for a couple of days in December. This photo shows our layout, all the toys, stockings, balls, ready to be sorted into gift bags for the kids on our list. The chick in gray is me.Toys for Tots 2020.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
OK, it might not look very festive, but this is what I do instead of decking the halls at my own house. Our Toys for Tots program is fortunate to have a strong relationship with local law enforcement. We use a small corner of the garage part of the former armory as warehouse space, and the whole place for a couple of days in December. This photo shows our layout, all the toys, stockings, balls, ready to be sorted into gift bags for the kids on our list. The chick in gray is me.View attachment 344204
Thank you SO MUCH! We participate.. (on the receiving end) each year. 🤓
That looks VERY festive to me.
😍

Semper Fi!

Top Bottom