Deck ‘Em.. C’mon... DO IT!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Actually.. that’d probably be me in the food cart....

You got the “Leo’s Carny Day’s” Edition of my figurine.

;)

(That was a fun life... well.. I think I’m overselling a bit.)

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
DSC_5317.JPGDSC_5318.JPG
When I built this wall and put the walnut shelf up I put a receptacle on each end so my wife could decorate for the holidays.
So far only the barrels and faqin house is electric. Not as nice as @Carol 83 s and nothing matches but it's a start.
The red cabin has pine cone seeds fro shingles
DSC_5319.JPGDSC_5320.JPG
This was my 1st and favourite Father Christmas. Ceramic, I got it at OgleBay park in Wheeling, WV (Northern panhandle tip)
They have acres of drive through Christmas displays and scenes. I feel sorry for the locals as it jams up the roads all season.
Hotels fill up early, pretty big deal around that tri-state area, and one of the nations top light displays.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I’d play with it... carefully. :)

Reminds me of a book by Philip K Dick, entitled “The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch” in where, most people are addicted to a hallucinogenic substance, and the company that sells/synthesizes the hallucinogen.. also sells miniature “life”-esque kits... so you take the drugs... then build miniature worlds in which your MIND lives.....

Look closely, Carol.. there’s a little figurine of ME, somewhere in there, enjoying your Holiday Village.

🤣🤣🤣
I found you and your son running through the village after digging a tree in the forest!figure.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
View attachment 341862View attachment 341863
When I built this wall and put the walnut shelf up I put a receptacle on each end so my wife could decorate for the holidays.
So far only the barrels and faqin house is electric. Not as nice as @Carol 83 s and nothing matches but it's a start.
View attachment 341864View attachment 341865
This was my 1st and favourite Father Christmas. Ceramic, I got it at OgleBay park in Wheeling, WV (Northern panhandle tip)
They have acres of drive through Christmas displays and scenes. I feel sorry for the locals as it jams up the roads all season.
Hotels fill up early, pretty big deal around that tri-state area, and one of the nations top light displays.
Very pretty with the picture of the lake and mountains in the background.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
View attachment 341862View attachment 341863
View attachment 341864View attachment 341865
I REEEEALLY like that Father Christmas!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So why do you have them?
Must be missing something...
I have them because putting the village up always puts me in the holiday spirit, and this year I really need that. I have them because my kids always liked it, and even as an adult my son still likes it. They are just buildings with scenes that are illuminated from behind, not like a dollhouse you can play with.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Very pretty with the picture of the lake and mountains in the background.
Ha I didn't see it as a lakeside property front :) cool! That makes it The Alpenhof.
Pretty sure that's Jackson Lake. It was too hazy from the forest fires for us to get good
shots when we were there that day, but managed to get wall print quality shots the next morning near Jackson Hole.
Working on trimming the new tree now...

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is the cat pulling a sleigh?😄
You're getting creative :D Actually he was pulling the Grinch, me.
I wish I had got up and took pictures before the sunrise, but I didn't.
I slept through it.
DSC_5336.JPGDSC_5342.JPGDSC_5346.JPG
My wife was going to get rid of the old Christmas tree, but I had other plans for it ^
Then she can get rid of it cuz I don't have room for 2 full size trees and 2 smaller ones too.
But it has made her want to put a blue spruce here :) and hopefully get rid of Louisa - the "weeping" crabapple.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You're getting creative :D Actually he was pulling the Grinch, me.
I wish I had got up and took pictures before the sunrise, but I didn't.
I slept through it.
View attachment 342523View attachment 342524View attachment 342525
My wife was going to get rid of the old Christmas tree, but I had other plans for it ^
Then she can get rid of it cuz I don't have room for 2 full size trees and 2 smaller ones too.
But it has made her want to put a blue spruce here :) and hopefully get rid of Louisa - the "weeping" crabapple.
Very festive. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year, so I love seeing this stuff. Thanks for starting it @HorseloverFat .

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Very festive. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year, so I love seeing this stuff. Thanks for starting it @HorseloverFat .
No problem at all!

I noticed a “downward trend” in Christmas spirit, this year. I, however, had an abundance of it,,,

Collective holiday spirit.
1606920759893.jpeg

Top Bottom