Eastern Leaf 40 Stolen Trees

Lost2301

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jason Chan owner of Eastern Leaf Bonsai had 40 Bonsai trees stolen during the night before he opened. If you live California please be on the watch for these trees. Apparently they were thrown over the gate and many damaged. They may be seeking advice from Bonsai crowd on how to save them? Maybe?

Contact Us
Toll Free: 888-684-8377
(M-F 8:30am PST – 5:00pm PST)
support@easternleaf.com
Address: 4789 Cheyenne Way
Chino, CA 91710

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Well, the other one stopped being about the theft before the end of the first page. I never see any of these stolen trees pop up online afterward. It seems like they knew the good stuff to steal too.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
judging by all the threads on eastern leaf lately, this guy had a long list of disgruntled customers, could be anybody, for whatever reason 🤔🧐
just-one-more-one-more-thing.gif

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
judging by all the threads on eastern leaf lately, this guy had a long list of disgruntled customers, could be anybody, for whatever reason 🤔🧐
I have purchased a couple trees from them, they were fine for the price. I didn't care for the soil they were in, so just repotted at the proper time.

Ruddigger

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Whether you like his particular brand of trees for beginners, nobody deserves to have that happen to them. They took his personal stuff he keeps there for display purposes. He has a John Naka tree there too, I really hope that wasn’t taken.

yodamon

Sapling
Reaction score
Sparks Nevada, northern Nevada about 45 minutes fr
USDA Zone
7a
I have purchased a couple trees from them, they were fine for the price. I didn't care for the soil they were in, so just repotted at the proper time.
I’ve been really happy with my trees and pots. I like Eastern Leaf quite a bit. They are fairly close to me so shipping is super fast.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Almost every single one of those "disgruntled" customers were complaining about their own ignorance when it comes to bonsai and not reading the webpage information. Buying trees out of season and expecting them to be in bloom, trees not looking like the one pictured on the website, etc... petty stuff that anyone who knows a little about plants or have an ounce of common sense would be able to understand before jumping on a forum and bashing a reputable store.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Almost every single one of those "disgruntled" customers were complaining about their own ignorance when it comes to bonsai and not reading the webpage information. Buying trees out of season and expecting them to be in bloom, trees not looking like the one pictured on the website, etc... petty stuff that anyone who knows a little about plants or have an ounce of common sense would be able to understand before jumping on a forum and bashing a reputable store.
When selling trees to people that have no real understanding of the practice of bonsai or horticultural basics one can pretty much expect complaints. There are ways to mitigate the complaints, but requires extra work on the sellers part.

Top Bottom