EASTERN LEAF

D

Deleted member 38190

He/she has been offline for 12 hrs. Looks like they quit already. Never give up!

Happy willpower and screaming,
Chinese Elm

D

Deleted member 38190

WHEN ONE IS BUYING A PLANT/TREE WHICH IS PICTURESD AS BLOOMING, ONE EXPECTS THAT IT WILL BE BLOOMING WHEN IT ARRIVES, NOT AT SOME UNSPECIFIED DATE. THIS IS DECEPTIVE MARKETING.
You must be really dumb.

D

Deleted member 38190

Can't believe this has 103 posts! You're famous, Martian. (Not in a good way)

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
What I don't get is why Terry decided to create a Bonsainut account just to complain about Eastern Leaf. I suppose the anger was so great that he/she wanted to go out and spread the word of how horrible Eastern Leaf duped him/her.

I'm not a member of any other bonsai forum, but I am sure some of you guys are. I wonder if Terry has been going around to all the bonsai sites to spread the word. ???

D

Deleted member 38190

Maybe...

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What I don't get is why Terry decided to create a Bonsainut account just to complain about Eastern Leaf. I suppose the anger was so great that he/she wanted to go out and spread the word of how horrible Eastern Leaf duped him/her.

I'm not a member of any other bonsai forum, but I am sure some of you guys are. I wonder if Terry has been going around to all the bonsai sites to spread the word. ???

This is the only active forum really. But yea pretty vindictive personality to go to such length.

I understand they wanted to do something nice for their sick sister and expectations were not met. Though they were rather unrealistic in reality

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's pretty sad that lots of threads about actual trees (good and bad) get few if any responses, and this one is at 107 and counting. Obviously I have played a role in this one so I shouldn't say anything! But it's true.

D

Deleted member 38190

*109 now

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
perhaps Mensa needs to revisit their membership criteria.
The criteria are purely on problem-solving skills. Typical IQ tests. If you reach a certain IQ score (I think it was 160) you get an invite to have a second test, in person in one of their test centra. If there it is confirmed, you are invited for membership. Don't ask me how I know.

A large number of people with extremely high IQ have specific elements of their mental ability overdeveloped. Not per se like in rain man, which is fairly extreme. But still, different social interests, different way of looking at problems. Due to their substantial different way of thinking, it is often easier to connect with other high-IQ persons than with normal people. Which is the reason mensa exists. Being a member is certainly not proof of being a nice person.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It's pretty sad that lots of threads about actual trees (good and bad) get few if any responses, and this one is at 107 and counting. Obviously I have played a role in this one so I shouldn't say anything! But it's true.

Everyone loves a train wreck.
Some of us like to troll the troll

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The criteria are purely on problem-solving skills. Typical IQ tests. If you reach a certain IQ score (I think it was 160) you get an invite to have a second test, in person in one of their test centra. If there it is confirmed, you are invited for membership. Don't ask me how I know.

A large number of people with extremely high IQ have specific elements of their mental ability overdeveloped. Not per se like in rain man, which is fairly extreme. But still, different social interests, different way of looking at problems. Due to their substantial different way of thinking, it is often easier to connect with other high-IQ persons than with normal people. Which is the reason mensa exists. Being a member is certainly not proof of being a nice person.

I think it can give people a superiority complex which also does not help.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it can give people a superiority complex which also does not help.
Yes, but I think that is rare.
I think more often than not, the person using it are pimple carrying nobs that have no way to make a well reasoned argument and need to toss some big words around which they can never be called upon to proove.

I get your point. I feel however this is more an outside perspective, rather than a true feeling amongst members. But it is certainly a consideration when thinking about membership. What does it bring vss what is the potential downside to membership.

As indicated by Coh before:
I can't recall a single time in my life where someone played the "Mensa Card" in person, but I've now seen it a bunch of times on various bonsai forums. It is always accompanied by some pretty obnoxious behavior.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea honestly the last time I even heard Mensa talked about was in the late 80s or early 90s.

Wulfskaar

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
The biggest problem I have with people who know they are smart is that they often think they are right; therefor, they don't do all the critical thinking required by a particular situation. They may lack wisdom/common sense to change their views.

The other issue is that people can be smart in different ways. Some people couldn't pass an IQ test but might excel in music, painting, or working with their hands.

TERRYMARS

Seedling
Reaction score
Ever notice how Mensa folks always bring up they're Mensa? Anyway, any moron can tell you that you got what you ordered--a plant that blooms, with the explanation that it blooms in spring and fall (possibly). Any Mensa member worth their Official Certificate of Superiority can probably understand that mid-summer is neither spring nor fall. Assuming a sales photo is going to look exactly like what you get with the product is, well, a big leap.
GEE... BIG LEAP TO EXPECT WHAT IS PICTURED. I HAVE SOME SHARES OF THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE FOR YOU.
HERE IA A SAMPLE OF A COMPANY WHICH DESCRIBES THEIR PRODUCT WITH AN ACCURATE DISCLAIMER:

The Blooming Azalea Bonsai is the perfect way to send a Thank You, Happy Birthday, or Just Because! Dark green foliage of this garden beauty planted in an Asian style ceramic container in assorted colors.The Azalea blooms twice per year with promising beauteous blooms from April through May and the rest of the months, the plant will be shipped without open blooms
YOU SEE THIS IS CRYSTAL CLEAR. EASTERN RIPOFF ONLY SAYS IT BLOOMS IN SPRING AND FALL WHICH CAN MEAN, LATER, NOT WHEN SHIPPED. AND YES I KNOW ALL YOU AZALEA AFICIONADOS FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BLOOMING NOW. I'M NOT, NOR I EVER WISH TO BE AN AZALEA SAVANT. BUT I HAVE GOTTEN THEM, PREVIOUSLY, IN THE SUMMER AND WINTER, BLOOMING. ISN'T IT AMAZING WHAT GREENHOUSES CAN DO?
AND BTW, AS FOR MENSA. I DIDN'T BRING UP INTELLIGENCE. SOME CRETIN WHO FINDS THE WHOLE THING HILARIOUS, INCLUDING MY SISTER''S HOSPITALIZATION I GUESS, CALLED ME STUPID. I POINTED OUT THAT I VERIFIABLY WASN'T. AS FOR HIS INTELLIGENCE, IT SEEMS BURIED IN MORONIC MULCH.

Last edited:

TERRYMARS

Seedling
Reaction score
This was explained to you about 3 pages back... if you wanted a longer blooming azalea you should have gone to Home Depot and bought an Encore... those are engineered to bloom for months. Not buying a satsuki that only blooms once. And as posted above, you failed to read the description of the tree, placed a mendacious report at the BBB against Eastern Leaf, and continue to berate any member that dares go against your ideology. @Bonsai Nut can we be done with this please.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR MOST ELUCIDATING RESPONSE. NO IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME TO GO TO HOME DEPOT AND BUY AN AZALEA AND DRIVE 3000 MILES TO DELIVER IT TO MY SISTER WHO IS JUST NOW OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AFTER A MONTH. WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA.
HERE IA A SAMPLE OF A COMPANY WHICH DESCRIBES THEIR PRODUCT WITH AN ACCURATE DISCLAIMER:

The Blooming Azalea Bonsai is the perfect way to send a Thank You, Happy Birthday, or Just Because! Dark green foliage of this garden beauty planted in an Asian style ceramic container in assorted colors.The Azalea blooms twice per year with promising beauteous blooms from April through May and the rest of the months, the plant will be shipped without open blooms

https://www.proflowers.com/product/blooming-azalea-bonsai-inches-prd-p119?ref=PFCFeedGoogleNB&PRID=PFPLA1529&ref=PFCFeedGoogleNBTest&PRID=PFPLA1529&gclid=CjwKCAjw3_KIBhA2EiwAaAAlijmTXvTzQcwSN2wgcq-vBQcdhD4RunKFUeTe4mgyLSga_YpfVGJ3jxoC_-kQAvD_BwE
YOU SEE THIS IS CRYSTAL CLEAR. EASTERN RIPOFF ONLY SAYS IT BLOOMS IN SPRING AND FALL WHICH CAN MEAN, LATER, NOT WHEN SHIPPED. AND YES I KNOW ALL YOU AZALEA AFICIONADOS FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BLOOMING NOW. I'M NOT, NOR I EVER WISH TO BE AN AZALEA SAVANT. BUT I HAVE GOTTEN THEM, PREVIOUSLY, IN THE SUMMER AND WINTER, BLOOMING. ISN'T IT AMAZING WHAT GREENHOUSES CAN DO?

Top Bottom