Elaeagnus - silverberry shohin

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Everything is first rate here. Tree, pot and stand! Bravo!!
Haha, I caught a bunch of flak for the jita and how it was distracting in the shohin group where I posted this (FB) and realize I never put a pic of it how I actually showed the tree. I just thought it made a nice arty shot. Whatevs.... But posting this for the record in this thread.
IMG_1657.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You have some amazing talent. You have never shown a tree that I don't love. I thought the blue pot was nice enough but this plant pot pairing is over the top. WOW!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You have some amazing talent. You have never shown a tree that I don't love. I thought the blue pot was nice enough but this plant pot pairing is over the top. WOW!
Thank you very much for your thoughts! I do have a few dogs in the greenhouse, I just don't show them off...lol, I like to get a piece of crap stock if I don't know the species first, I have a totally ugly gardenia right now...

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So here she is in her fresh spring coat, I've never seen it be this particular shade of green/silver. I so love the delicate freckles the leaves show, and against this special color, I couldn't resist sharing the photos.
IMG_2604.jpgIMG_2606.jpgIMG_2607.jpgIMG_2608.jpg

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Awesome! I just noticed the other day that mine is starting to produce buds.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Such a nice tree and pot combo. When the Elaeagnus bloom around here, it’s about the best thing in fall besides college football.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome! I just noticed the other day that mine is starting to produce buds.
pretty exciting!
Such a nice tree and pot combo. When the Elaeagnus bloom around here, it’s about the best thing in fall besides college football.
I can't even imagine them in the landscape it must be a wonder.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I can't even imagine them in the landscape it must be a wonder.
They’re shrubs that throw crazy long runners around this time of year. The flowers are so inconspicuous, but so fragrant, that when you’re riding or walking by, your nose catches them far more than your eyes. I’ll try to take some photos. A neighbor around the corner has a dozen that he keeps pruned down to 3’ “meatballs” that all have 5-6” trunks, and I’d love to get a few of those out of his way!

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They’re shrubs that throw crazy long runners around this time of year. The flowers are so inconspicuous, but so fragrant, that when you’re riding or walking by, your nose catches them far more than your eyes. I’ll try to take some photos. A neighbor around the corner has a dozen that he keeps pruned down to 3’ “meatballs” that all have 5-6” trunks, and I’d love to get a few of those out of his way!
Nothing can't be deal with good beer and BBQ.

Top Bottom