EMERGENCY! My sick Fukien Tea tree has brown fuzz.. and little bugs.. Please help before it dies!

Bonnieba

Seed
Reaction score
Hello!!! I have the exact same brown wooly growths that seems to appear fairly suddenly. It’s very difficult to find out information about such a thing. Did you ever find out what it was? And is your poor tree still alive and well? Thanks I hope you’re still looking at this forum!!

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Have you sprayed it with neem oil?

I have a FT that's had all kinds of weird stuff happen but honestly I've never seen anything like that.

Ditto to what everyone else said about keeping it away from your other trees. I'd spray it and defoliate it so the tree's not wasting energy on the leaves. Hope it lives...Good luck.

Bonnieba

Seed
Reaction score
Have you sprayed it with neem oil?

I have a FT that's had all kinds of weird stuff happen but honestly I've never seen anything like that.

Ditto to what everyone else said about keeping it away from your other trees. I'd spray it and defoliate it so the tree's not wasting energy on the leaves. Hope it lives...Good luck.
Thank you for responding. I haven’t done anything yet as I just discovered these wooly growths! Pretty shocking! I will definitely look into neem oil, thank you!

BrierPatch

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You may want to send an email to Brussels Bonsai to see if they may know if nobody here is sure. In the meantime I'd follow what the others here have advised. If it is a type of mold watering, misting and more humidity may actually do more harm.

Bonnieba

Seed
Reaction score
You may want to send an email to Brussels Bonsai to see if they may know if nobody here is sure. In the meantime I'd follow what the others here have advised. If it is a type of mold watering, misting and more humidity may actually do more harm.
Thank you for the suggestion! I will do that and report back if there’s new info. In the meantime I decided to do a Neem oil drench and spray at this point because I don’t really know what else to do and hate to watch the poor thing deteriorate. Thanks again!

Top Bottom