Folks ask me, where do you get your trees....

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
So I decided to fess up and let you in on my secret and he's only half a mile from my house....:D

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC00334.JPG
    DSC00334.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 216

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I decided to fess up and let you in on my secret and he's only half a mile from my house....:D

keep it green,
Harry

Hey,
I saw this guy last year about half a mile from MY house. I am serious.

If I am not mistaken, he is from the Seattle area. Just ask him.
This guy wages his holy war everywhere:)

Ross

Shohin
Reaction score
You should carry a couple of yours over there and ask him if you're on the right track.:)

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
He must be selling , this is about the 5th time I've seen him in 3 years. The van has Texas plates on it.

keep it green,
Harry

Kirk

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
He must keep the good ones inside the van "for serious inquiries only".

Reaction score
USDA Zone
This guy is one of the greatest mysteries in bonsai, he is seemingly everywhere at the same time....

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This guy is one of the greatest mysteries in bonsai, he is seemingly everywhere at the same time....

:D:D
I guess they all look the same. The funny thing is that the letters really seem to have the same look wherever a guy like this pops up. It must be a franchise thing.

grizzlywon

Shohin
Reaction score
Fresno, CA. Were all the food comes from if we ha
USDA Zone
9A
A confession. My first ever bonsai was bought from a guy like this. A $20 juniper (that was worth about $3 and in a $2 pot.) Needless to say, it died a slow death in a bathroom window.

He helped me get hooked.

Roberts

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've seen this guy in Iowa :) Took a peek inside his van and their was a pile of raw nursery stock already pulled from the nursery pots. Just a heap of dirt and shrubs pile on top of each other. At night or when slow he would grab one from the pile and start trimming away then throw it in a pot, wa-la " bonsai for sale". Too funny.

Robert

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I think it's a Mexican bonsai cartel muscling in on the American mallsai business......:mad:

keep it green,
Harry

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
I see these trucks all over the central coast of CA. I think it both helps and hurts Bonsai. It would be really cool if these trucks rolled around with legit Bonsai. Although that would probably not happen.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I see these trucks all over the central coast of CA. I think it both helps and hurts Bonsai. It would be really cool if these trucks rolled around with legit Bonsai. Although that would probably not happen.

I stopped once and ask prices, some were 300 bucks, it has to hurt the hobby, because you know they all die.

keep it green,
Harry

sfhellwig

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I see these trucks all over the central coast of CA.

Awww. I was getting excited that this might really be one guy. I saw a van just like that with the same setup here in KS. Another group nearby said he was usually through Springfield, MO and that he was from TX. I guess being a bonsai guy in a van is more appealing than I thought.

Several trees were marked 10 years old and the big $300 piece said 30 years old. I was going to ask if he had them in his possession or how he knew the age. I didn't want to be disrespectful though, he had complemented me on my large goatee.:D

radsnell

Sapling
Reaction score
We've had one here in south Louisiana this week. Problem is, they're already dead when they sell them, it just doesn't show yet. Then they tell people that the junipers will do fine indoors.

Top Bottom