Golden Gate Ficus Help

Ben Pearce

Seed
Reaction score
I have a golden gate ficus and on several of the leaves the tips are turning brown. Could anyone tell me what is going on with them? Is it too dry?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have a golden gate ficus and on several of the leaves the tips are turning brown. Could anyone tell me what is going on with them? Is it too dry?

Sorry for the late reply...

Pics help diagnosis and hold attention!

Pop your location in your profile so if it's Antarctica people don't tell you put it outside.

If it's kept by a window it could be the greenhouse affect of the sun burning the leaves.

Sorce

Ben Pearce

Seed
Reaction score
I use a moisture meter to assist with watering, usually I water every 2-3 days making sure to saturate the entire pot. Here are some pictures.

97550-3655ddc7a789f1f86a53c81b457294c4.jpg
97551-3f52f515dca47326266cb76bea5b229a.jpg
97552-75200a88b05af724496b9b5cc9ed018a.jpg

Ben Pearce

Seed
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply...

Pics help diagnosis and hold attention!

Pop your location in your profile so if it's Antarctica people don't tell you put it outside.

If it's kept by a window it could be the greenhouse affect of the sun burning the leaves.

Sorce
Ive added some pictures now

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is it kept inside?

Maybe a little too wet and not enough airflow.

Sorce

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Moisture meters are not meant to work in our very porous bonsai soil. More reliable is using a chop stick placed in the soil or pushing your finger into the soil. And bonsai soil is not potting soil. (your best bet for learning is to join your local bonsai club)

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Could be overwatered. Like Doug said, those meters dont work for proper bonsai soil. Your finger is better, or the chopstick method.. So let it dry out some before watering. Not bone dry, and not for too long.
Could it be bugs?

Top Bottom