@Grimlore is no longer with us...

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
A nice guy who always treated me nice and with respect no matter how dumb the question. Sorry for everyone's loss. Seems getting older is harder every time someone you know passes away.

Rodrigo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
But he did make me smile when he would add tidbits of Crystal into the conversation. He truly loved her.
I always thought so too. He once talked to me about Crystal's orchids and how she cared for those while he cared for his bonsai. I loved that and I've since gotten my girlfriend into gardening her own

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Damn ...
Rest in peace grimmy,
One of the people always willing to give advice and help people out realy a big loss

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Wow, what away to start the day. I had the pleasure of meeting Grimmy and his wife Crystal last year, they drove all they way from Pine Mountain, GA (they were visiting Calloway Gardens) to Mobile, just to visit me and see my trees. He was very nice and really genuine person, the world will be a little less brighter without his being here.

R.I.P. Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He had a tree being trained by a professional...his hands not as easily able to do intricate wiring any more he said...the tree species was a secret. I hope one day that tree is revealed as one he had put into motion for bonsai. It would be a great way to show honor to the man. Isn't that part of bonsai...trees passed down with a history behind them.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wow, what away to start the day. I had the pleasure of meeting Grimmy and his wife Crystal last year, they drove all they way from Pine Mountain, GA (they were visiting Calloway Gardens) to Mobile, just to visit me and see my trees. He was very nice and really genuine person, the world will be a little less brighter without his being here.

R.I.P. Grimmy
He told me about that trip...he enjoyed it as much as you it seemed. Can't believe he's gone...

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
He told me about that trip...he enjoyed it as much as you it seemed. Can't believe he's gone...

It was one of those rare occasions in life were you meet someone for the first time and feel like you've known them all your life.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He seemed like an outstanding fellow and a man generous with his knowledge. Rest in peace.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
"Ed was my husband. Ed used the handle GrimLore (Grimmy) and really enjoyed your forum. It fueled his passion to learn and experiment with bonsai. He made many friends and maybe a few adversaries, but really loved every minute."
@Bonsai Nut
All good memories from his posts about tree knowledge.He seemed to have a great respect for nature and enjoyed helping others where he could.
To hear his wife say he enjoyed this forum while learning and experimenting with bonsai,I found to be touching.
RIP

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was 5 o'clock at Grimmy's house at like 10:30AM with some Gentleman Jack that morning.

Don't forget....

It's Always 5 o'clock at Grimmy's House!

Cheers!

I'm going to scare the Fuck out of some kids this Halloween!

S

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
One of the founder of our club, in the 1990s, is now nearing 80. He's had heart problems, a pacemaker for two years, and he fell and boke several bones this summer. He didn't tell anyone at first.

OK, he's a former officer in the French army, fought in Indochina (spoke to me about it once or twice,and ... ) got a post at the French ambassy in Tripoli, Lybia (He's kept a photo of him on the entrance strairs next to Ghaddafi - Khaddafi, whatever) . But -and- he's such a sweet person.

My mother's just back home after spending over a month in a clinic for a fracture of the basin. She's 87 and has diabetes.

I lost my father almost thirty years ago, Francis was like a grandad to me. Someone you respect, love, don't pester about what he did, had to do, didn't do when he was your age, or even younger.

How can you prepare for someone you love's death?

I don't believe in life after life, so I'm just trying to show them how much I love them, and help them how best as I can.

And may those who remain don't forget, but live and be in peace.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
So sorry to hear the news, my best to the family!

Top Bottom