Gro-Power

Alex DeRuiter

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Has anyone used fertilizers by the company Gro-Power? I recently found their company through Google when looking for fertilizers with humus and humic acid, and I ordered a bin of their fertilizer cakes after talking with them on the phone for a little while (great customer service, by the way).

Here's a link for their 8-8-8 fert cakes. They were also nice enough to include a couple containers of straight humus for me. All around a pleasant experience.

Mark59

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I believe Smoke uses it if I'm not mistaken. I've used Rich Earth on my trees for about three years after reading Smokes posts about humic acid here and on other forums.

Alex DeRuiter

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Thanks for the replies/

Jquast, thanks for posting your thread. Pardon my redundant thread :D

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I thought I used Gro-Power, until I went outside and checked. I use Gro-Better :) It is 100% composted and pelletized chicken manure. I am so happy with it I doubt I will ever use anything else.

Interestingly, they had a booth at the Golden West Bonsai Federation convention...

Randy

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I thought I used Gro-Power, until I went outside and checked. I use Gro-Better :) It is 100% composted and pelletized chicken manure. I am so happy with it I doubt I will ever use anything else.

Interestingly, they had a booth at the Golden West Bonsai Federation convention...

They are based out of Riverside. Where did you get it originally?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
They are based out of Riverside. Where did you get it originally?

Originally I got it from Green Thumb nursery in Lake Forest. Then they started coming to the bonsai conventions and I would lay in a two-years supply :) Si and Ian say they sell bags at 99 Ranch Market stores for a lot less than what you pay in a nursery. Drop them an email and ask where you can buy it locally - they are very friendly!

Kenitai

Seedling
Reaction score
Is it in anyway related to a brand called Miracle-Gro?

Top Bottom