Hand-me-down JM

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The visible part of the trunks have opposite movements, that's what I meant. But if they're on a stone (should have read the beginning of the thread more carefully), then they're all right the way they are ;)
The thing I like with their current position is the negative space between them is more visually interesting than two almost parallel lines. In the the art world they call it juxtaposition which is a fancy name for contrast. Just explaining the juxtaposition between our two thoughts.🙃🙂

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Haven't updated here for a while. Last year I started reducing the height so as to spread out the crown a bit. Hopefully it'll fill in a bit more this year. It's still only putting out one flush of growth per season. This early growth looks like two different varieties and they may be for all I know. However, they'll become indistinguishable as the season moves on.

IMG_4609.JPGIMG_4611.JPG

LeatherTree23

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Haven't updated here for a while. Last year I started reducing the height so as to spread out the crown a bit. Hopefully it'll fill in a bit more this year. It's still only putting out one flush of growth per season. This early growth looks like two different varieties and they may be for all I know. However, they'll become indistinguishable as the season moves on.

View attachment 485299View attachment 485300
I look at this and see a River bank with water flowing slowly by. This is awesome.

Top Bottom