Home made tools

TreanuLeaves

Seedling
Reaction score
Howdy!
First post, I have had a few bonsai trees and I've killed a few but I'm getting back into with a vengeance. I inherited the offspring of a banyan that has been passed through my family for 3 generations and I must say I'm in love.

Work got slow this week so I started making some tools for fun and I was looking for inspiration.
I made a root hook from a bucket handle, a broom from palm fronds and a chopstick from a piece of black walnut.
Does anyone else have any fun ideas?

Thanks!

image.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah...
But no time for that now....

But I do have time to say....

If we have an award for best name.....

You just won it!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

TreanuLeaves

Seedling
Reaction score
Why thank you sir, you are very kind!
I have to thank the man himself, my baby banyan, for the inspiration and my mother for all the support!
It's a pleasure to meet you!
I'll start diggin through the archives!
KL

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gotta see the tree bro!

Kind to folks like you!

Good mind.

Great tools!

Sorce

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If you have plant related questions we like to see ur location in ur profile plz (for the climate zone / better advise) , welcome to the forum!

TreanuLeaves

Seedling
Reaction score
Let me start by saying until now I haven't taken this very seriously and I've killed a miniture forest of trees. I am reading and trying to trim and wire myself into raising bonsai in earnest. So in closing I am currently pre bonsai but trying to take it all in.

This is Treanu in 50/50 organic potting soil and aquarium gravel which i now realize isn't ideal. He gets 4 hours of full morning sun and he drinks and is misted by "smart water" because Florida water is awful and my wife is a snob. I found this Japanese bowl in an antique shop for $7 so I figured it'd be a good start until he got a little bigger.

I've got another tree with one foot in the grave who screams amateur but I'm trying to do my research first and start correctly instead of chopping up a tree and water boarding it to death. Maybe I can bend him into a rake so he can be useful when he meets his end.

Go easy on me!
TL

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I grew stuff pretty well and reliably in rocks and dirt...same..

Sorce

TreanuLeaves

Seedling
Reaction score
Awesome thanks Sorce!

Thanks for the warm welcome Cypress!

While walking my dog I found a bald cypress seedling and I threw him in a dish and I stole a lazy Susan from my kitchen utensil holder! Starting slow but steady!
Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!

I love seeing DIY stuff so don't hesitate if you feel like showing off, in the meantime I'll be lurking!

Thanks!
TL
image.jpg

Top Bottom