Hose head

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello All,

So this is a bit of a random and unique one... for a while I’ve bought a few of different hose heads because I want the water to expel in that nice gentle but full manner that I see in so many videos... yet it’s always too strong, and if you dial the pressure back it pretty much immediately reduces to not enough to shoot out, making it drip out in huge droplets..

Any recommendations on that perfect hose head that you might use? The ability to just hose everything down and not worry about upsetting the finer inorganic substrate on most of my trees, would be a ridiculously nice thing.

For example:

See how it’s a full rose fixture, gentle waterfall..?

I realise how insignificant this may sound but humour me, it’s important to me...

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dramm makes great products. Their stainless steel, 1000-hole heads make the gentle output you want

Ok good shout.. this looks promising.. I wonder if anyone else concurs?

DRAMM 12588 Sunrise Rain Wand 30-Inch Length with 8-Inch Foam Grip, Yellow https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001P80GBO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ck8LDbPDH3VHN

Clearly American but can be bought through amazon to UK.. I feel I’m going to have a problem with connector.. I would assume you guys tend to use different connectors for hoses than English?

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not sure I have an answer....but I’ll relate my experience....I take USA hose nozzles to Vietnam and there’s no problem - connects perfect. The USA standard is a 3/4” and Vietnam is the same. I’ve never fitted for the UK. If nearby, you might go to a hardware or Home Depot type store and see what the packaging on nozzles they sell says. I think...they are all the same. But I have no way to be sure.

I don’t have one but I’ve always thought it was a good product. Mixed reviews on Amazon though.

Last edited:

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I bought this Japanese watering wand from a hydroponics/bonsai supply store. I think it was $10.95 USD. Nothing fancy. Not brass or cool. But it does have a lot of water holes...feel free to count them. It’s worked for me for about 10 years so far. Does not leak. I have hard water too...so periodically I soak the head in a lime scale/hard water remover. Cleans it up perfectly fine. Works for me.
C97AA785-5007-44CE-B4AF-2860ECFC6D53.jpeg274ADD54-5953-458D-A560-B5B0DA3F2319.jpeg

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dramm makes great products. Their stainless steel, 1000-hole heads make the gentle output you want
They work great and are versatile for different wands and handle with similar thread. I keep them on a quick click so i can use them in various places throughout the nursery. I like them with the pistol grip thumb control.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is the one I use. I have three of them on three different hoses. The last one I bought had a price drop by a significant amount on Amazon.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hello All,

So this is a bit of a random and unique one... for a while I’ve bought a few of different hose heads because I want the water to expel in that nice gentle but full manner that I see in so many videos... yet it’s always too strong, and if you dial the pressure back it pretty much immediately reduces to not enough to shoot out, making it drip out in huge droplets..

Any recommendations on that perfect hose head that you might use? The ability to just hose everything down and not worry about upsetting the finer inorganic substrate on most of my trees, would be a ridiculously nice thing.

For example:

See how it’s a full rose fixture, gentle waterfall..?

I realise how insignificant this may sound but humour me, it’s important to me...
I watched an Eisei-En video where Bjorn was using the same $10 box store hose head that we use in our garden. It works just fine for me on the "shower" setting with lower pressure to get a nice gentle flow.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
@defra is the best hose builder I know

Lol thnx!
@ConorDash
I make my own search on water wand posted by defra you'll find a couple videos
I can make you one and ship it to UK if you are willing to pay the shipping costs plus 15 € material cost.

Its made out of brass and copper all parts are replaceable but I guess it will last a lifetime!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have one like tieball does, but with different settings.
I prefer the mist (fog) and shower (rain) settings, and there's a flow regulator on the rod. Unfortunately the shower setting is next to 'power wash', which causes some issues in the morning sometimes.
It was quite a pricey think to get though, 40 euros.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The Dramm 1,000 was about $12-$13 free shipping. It will last at least a decade. Why bother making , modifying or importing one.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So far, all the
I watched an Eisei-En video where Bjorn was using the same $10 box store hose head that we use in our garden. It works just fine for me on the "shower" setting with lower pressure to get a nice gentle flow.

There's nothing wrong with any of the options presented in this thread (that Dram 1000 looks amazing) but there's nothing wrong with free or cheap options too. I've been using a telescoping ~10-function wand that I got for $3.50 at Wal-Mart on clearance. Trees don't know the difference.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There's nothing wrong with any of the options presented in this thread (that Dram 1000 looks amazing) but there's nothing wrong with free or cheap options too. I've been using a telescoping ~10-function wand that I got for $3.50 at Wal-Mart on clearance. Trees don't know the difference.
You are right. It is all in what works for you. The multifuntion wands do wear out pretty rapidly though compared to a single function one. That is to be expected. Aside from the fact I don't like all the multiple functios whether it be a watering wand or a flashlight. I want simple an off and an on.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
i use this Hawes 7L can, with the fine as rain head. simple but effective:cool:

41DEegaJ-iL._AC_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use the cheap multi function one too. I like having a mist, jet and shower function. I use the shower function for watering trees. Works great as long as I remember to not leave it outside in freezing weather. After that it's junk and time for a new one

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wow good load of replies! Thanks all.

Good comments about the dramm, I’m sold on that, I’ll go for that. It’s not expensive for what ill use it for. Simple. Job done. I’m glad so many replied, all very useful.

I'll save you the search

With valve and Misting nozzle
View attachment 265423

Thanks Defra, much appreciated. I don’t wanna put you through the hassle, the amazon link is enough for me :). I appreciate your offer :).

i use this Hawes 7L can, with the fine as rain head. simple but effective:cool:

41DEegaJ-iL._AC_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

See I have one of those and yeah all fine but the bonus of not filling up 3 times would be super great! :). I know you’ll think I’m being picky though lol.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I use this every day. I go from a gentle watering; to a simulated rainfall; to a spray the bench debris away; then on to a nice foliage mist; and then wash my sandals off....all easily done. It’s not fancy. It just works.
View attachment 265468

Top Bottom