How to secure pots when it is wind

Reaction score
How are you guys securing your pots during windy days or storms? Today a storm started in minutes without sending any signs and 2 of my pots went on the floor. The only good thing is that the plants are fine, without injuries.

Reaction score
Good to know, I will tie all the pots to the bench. Thanks for the info.

Young Chinese Elm seedlings will resist the strong wind or should be placed indoor until it ends?

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I added a length of wire beneath the pot looped around the tie in wires. This piece of wire is then fed down around the slats in my monkey pole platforms and given a twist or two to secure it. If you have solid platforms you can drill a couple holes for the tie down wires to pass through. I have also seen a system at Epcot where they use metal clips that fit over the rim of the pot and then feed down through holes drilled in the platform. Don’t know how it is secured beneath but you could loop it around a screw or through an eyelet, etc.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good to know, I will tie all the pots to the bench. Thanks for the info.

Young Chinese Elm seedlings will resist the strong wind or should be placed indoor until it ends?
They should be fine.
Unless it's 100 degrees.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After one of my trees fell off the bench I just use a bungee cord.
20170330_150724.jpg
20170713_165006.jpg

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you live in an area where people might steal your trees, I've even seen people using cables with locks. Probably not a bad idea to keep in mind if you get to the point where you have valuable trees. Until then, bungee cords are easier and is what I'll be using myself. Where I'm moving to, no one is likely to steal my trees.

Top Bottom