If there were no word in the english language for bonsai.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wretched

Mr.E

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
It would probably be a acronym, but for now I'll go with tratrepo

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well bonsai is, at least in my opinion, most importantly a mix of horticulture and art.... so something to do with those two words.

hortiart? Lol

Reaction score
When there is no english word, just use the dutch one. "bonsai". Might work :D

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Leonard?? :rolleyes:

Leonard of Quirm, a fictional Terry Pratchett character. I thought there was a chance you were familiar with him already. He would have come up with a similar name for bonsai.

"Leonard likes inventing weapons of war but refuses to believe that anyone really would use his dangerous inventions. In fact, Leonard's brain is particularly receptive to particles of raw inspiration, ideas that sleet through the universe and strike inventors' or artists' minds in the dead of the night. As such, Leonard has engineered the gonne and siege engines alongside flying machines, submarines, message encryption/decryption devices, pub game devices, and engines for making very fast coffee. Oddly enough, his creativity seems to stop when needed to give appealing names to his inventions: for example, for his machine capable of travelling submersed in a marine environment he came up with the name of "Going-Under-The-Water-Safely Device".
image.jpg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Leonard of Quirm, a fictional Terry Pratchett character. I thought there was a chance you were familiar with him already. He would have come up with a similar name for bonsai.

"Leonard likes inventing weapons of war but refuses to believe that anyone really would use his dangerous inventions. In fact, Leonard's brain is particularly receptive to particles of raw inspiration, ideas that sleet through the universe and strike inventors' or artists' minds in the dead of the night. As such, Leonard has engineered the gonne and siege engines alongside flying machines, submarines, message encryption/decryption devices, pub game devices, and engines for making very fast coffee. Oddly enough, his creativity seems to stop when needed to give appealing names to his inventions: for example, for his machine capable of travelling submersed in a marine environment he came up with the name of "Going-Under-The-Water-Safely Device".
View attachment 128201

Ah thank you wireme! I have been schooled and enlightened! :)

Top Bottom