Index to 1,100 bonsai articles

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What started as a simple project to index the issues of Bonsai Today that I own, turned into a larger endeavor. I indexed as many bonsai articles as I could find from larger bonsai magazines.

In printed form it would be 27 pages long, but it should be used electronically so you can manipluate the variables to sort the articles by Magazine, Date, Article title, or general topic (such as styles, species, reviews, etc.)

I don't know of a way to post it online, but I would be happy to e-mail it to anyone that sends me a PM with their e-mail address. You need to use Microsoft Word to access it.

The project took several months to complete, but I was encouraged by thought that it could be enjoyed by all of my bonsai buddies and mentors. It's my way of saying "Thanks".

Merry Christmas!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Cool Barry, pm on the way.

This is good, it will help when searching to find back issues that fit my needs.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Cool Barry, your efforts are much appreciated. zing me off a copy oldstoker#hotmail.com (you need to change the # sign)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I don't know of a way to post it online, but I would be happy to e-mail it to anyone that sends me a PM with their e-mail address.

I'll be happy to host it here at BonsaiNut. I'll send you a PM and once I get the file I will post it for everyone to share :)

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'll be happy to host it here at BonsaiNut.
Thanks Barry and Greg...that will be a useful tool

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Big thank you Barry. That must have been quite an effort. Now if I could find a workaround for the Microsoft part...

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hold the presses. I just found some index entries for the first 25 Bonsai Today which I don't have access to. I should finish an updated version in a week.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Barry, I have the index from Bonsai Today for issues 1-36. It's indexed by species and also by topic. If you are interested, I could help fill in any blanks you might have.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
This is just so awesome!
Thank You fellas :D
Mom

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Does anyone have the index from @bonsai barry (who doesn't show up in the dropdown when I "@" him)?

Carl S

Seed
Reaction score
What started as a simple project to index the issues of Bonsai Today that I own, turned into a larger endeavor. I indexed as many bonsai articles as I could find from larger bonsai magazines.

In printed form it would be 27 pages long, but it should be used electronically so you can manipluate the variables to sort the articles by Magazine, Date, Article title, or general topic (such as styles, species, reviews, etc.)

I don't know of a way to post it online, but I would be happy to e-mail it to anyone that sends me a PM with their e-mail address. You need to use Microsoft Word to access it.

The project took several months to complete, but I was encouraged by thought that it could be enjoyed by all of my bonsai buddies and mentors. It's my way of saying "Thanks".

Merry Christmas!
Hi Barry, Id be interested in the index you have for the Bonsai Today Magazines ( which is not still in print ) anything that would give a pointer to articles from Bonsai today would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards Carl S ( from England)

Canada Bonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi Barry, Id be interested in the index you have for the Bonsai Today Magazines ( which is not still in print ) anything that would give a pointer to articles from Bonsai today would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards Carl S ( from England)

I finished International bonsai (see attached sample screenshot) and should be finished Bonsai Today Spring 2023.

send me an email for the full files

Attachments

• Internationalbonsai.png
    Internationalbonsai.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Top Bottom