Is there interest in an "ignore content" user function?

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not worth extra cost $$$ to you. I know how to not read something if I’m not interested in a topic.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do not use ignore people more than likely would not ignore thread.

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The utility of this function would be to de-clutter the New Posts board so that you’re less likely to miss posts that are of interest to you. I would probably use it for that reason.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Toss up for me. If it costs extra $$ then Id say dont worry about it.

Those of you saying you would use it, are you willing to donate $$ every year to help pay for it?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Those of you saying you would use it, are you willing to donate $$ every year to help pay for it?

Yes.
I speak for myself.
But...
Donate to something good that we use every day and it's a learning experience shouldn't be because one feature or one plugin, but as a way to collaborate and say thank you.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yes.
I speak for myself.
But...
Donate to something good that we use every day and it's a learning experience shouldn't be because one feature or one plugin, but as a way to collaborate and say thank you.
I dont disagree but if we are going to ask BNut to pay even more money than he already does on this site, people should be willing to help with that cost if they want that feature.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I think the ignore feature is good at the moment + if you wanted to "filter" new things that pop up, you can follow people you like and then visit your news feed, rather than new posts. Granted it may take some setup to follow the people you like but it gives you control.
I like @sorce 's comment, we all have self control... (I say that, with bated breath). If you see a thread you don't like or don't want to read.... I mean... don't... read it? Im unsure how to make that any clearer :).
If it bothers you that much, setup some follows and use news feed instead of new posts.

Somewhat unrelated but I also think people should balance out their experience on the forum, with taking advantage of other's experience and knowledge, asking questions etc AND giving their knowledge, giving their experience, answering questions.
You may want to limit the forum to only seeing stuff you find useful but what about what people COME here for, to learn from you? Give a little, take a little. Balance. Just like we balance the energy in our trees.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Somewhat unrelated but I also think people should balance out their experience on the forum, with taking advantage of other's experience and knowledge, asking questions etc AND giving their knowledge, giving their experience, answering questions.
You may want to limit the forum to only seeing stuff you find useful but what about what people COME here for, to learn from you? Give a little, take a little. Balance. Just like we balance the energy in our trees.

Yes, I like that.
Giving and taking.
I think I can control myself and ignore the flattened earth topics looking the other way.
;-)

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sometimes really interesting bits of information can be found in what seem unlikely places, so would not use such a function. What I would love to see would be a few more quick response icons, such as "making the popcorn for this one," "this aint about the op anymore," and "hope those meds get adjusted soon."

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes, I like that.
Giving and taking.
I think I can control myself and ignore the flattened earth topics looking the other way.
;-)
The earth's not flat?

I wouldn't spend the money on the upgrade

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
There are a few good threads started by people I have on ignore, who are not active posters anymore. But if the threads get updated, they do not show up in the New Posts list. Otherwise, I’d say the ignore function is sufficient.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would like to not see threads of users on my ignore list

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
rather late response but also i think its a waste of money i wont use it like ive never ignored another b nut member as well

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Absolutely a waste of time and money imho. How difficult is it to close a thread if its not what you are looking for?
I think it amounts to pandering to people's whims. If the buyer is to beware, so the looker should be.

On a side note, I frequently will pass over a thread by the title or by the first words which appear when you scroll over a title.
But, I have also been drawn into places I would not have gone and been delighted when I got there.

Top Bottom