Is this tree placement bad?

Maw

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Really awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I am really looking forward to next spring. When I can make my forest! 😄 Small feedback for your next repot would be to maybe show some nebari on your forest. And maybe add some deadwood to
ad some drama haha. But your forest really looks amazing!

IMG_1506.JPG3C2B6EDA-B601-4B8C-867B-FFC5F2A42F58.JPG

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Really awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I am really looking forward to next spring. When I can make my forest! 😄 Small feedback for your next repot would be to maybe show some nebari on your forest. And maybe add some deadwood to
ad some drama haha. But your forest really looks amazing!

Glad you like it and thanks for the feedback!

Actually, based on some previous feedback I have gone ahead and wired some shape into most of the trunks - the "bendable" sections at least, to add some interest. Also the largest tree has been shaped into a skinny flat top. These things grow so quickly it is difficult to keep them small, this is really an effort to keep the profile of this plantin inline for now.

Here it is today just after some partial defoliation in preparation for an upcoming local show, hoping for some nice new compact foliage and for wiring to set by early October. Yes it is just some sticks stuck on a slab, but it will be fun to show a "first year" project!

Also disregard the hideous preserved moss. This is mainly to keep the muck in place for now since the summer climate here is very hard on any real moss in sunlight. Within the next week or so I will be removing the shag carpet and re-planting some nice moss, removing a small layer of muck to expose more nebari - really appreciate the feedback on that.

These are great trees to work on, even the little ones. Really looking forward to seeing yours when Spring comes along!

20200824_153226.jpg

Top Bottom