Japanese Red & Black Pine Projects

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I wanted to restart sacrificial branch and redirect on this black pine. But it’s got threat root flare. These lower buds will be the branches of the pine
8A0F3A6B-160A-4498-92F0-606DDC9819BA.jpeg

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice!

It would be great to see if the tallest tree could get more movement. As low as possible and follow it up.

Cheers
DSD sends

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Got another Japanese black pine for further growth and development, I wanna make this a chunky shohin gonna pot it into a grow pot this spring.. even though I will always focus on native pines and deciduous.. there’s just something about developing the steak and potato species too like JBP and Japanese maples
IMG_5311.jpegIMG_5312.jpegIMG_5313.jpeg

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
How chunky is chunky? If you imagine trunk twice as thick, then the two parts from that low bend will be touching/fusing together, which may present some challenges.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
How chunky is chunky? If you imagine trunk twice as thick, then the two parts from that low bend will be touching/fusing together, which may present some challenges.
Yeah that’s what I want .. that bend fusing together isn’t a issue if it happens, if you see further developed pines you want those tight bends to add interest to the trunk

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Thinking back to your comment.The key is also growing that small branch out to keep that base thicker as it moves up but the trunk will be thicker but not to the point that it will look like inverse taper

Dabbler

Shohin
Reaction score
Very nice! i'm on the war path to try and find some pine material

Top Bottom