Just for miss Vick......

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Harry you are going to have to start drinking a cheaper scotch, w/ 2 trees (at least) that he has worked on in Kokufu Ten, Marco could be raising his prices. :)

I think it's huge that a tree from here(US) has made it into the competition.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry you are going to have to start drinking a cheaper scotch, w/ 2 trees (at least) that he has worked on in Kokufu Ten, Marco could be raising his prices. :)

I think it's huge that a tree from here(US) has made it into the competition.

I'll just have to reduce my collection, mother nature's helping me anyway. Who's tree was entered ? I hope they can bring it home.

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Mr Paul's., bringing it back didn't occur to me, hope it did for him . Kind of suck to have to have that quarantined for 2 years, and barerooted.

Heat getting to the trees?

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
Actually, Doug Paul is the first American to exhibit a tree at Kokufu-ten. The Bonsai, is or was, a Japanese tree. Bonsai at Kokufu are displayed in the owners name not the Artists.

Mark

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Mr Paul's., bringing it back didn't occur to me, hope it did for him . Kind of suck to have to have that quarantined for 2 years, and barerooted.

Heat getting to the trees?

It's not helping any !

Which tree is his ?

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Understand that Mark, the thought is if he owns it can it come home to the US, and if so would it be barerooted/quarantined.

Harry it's way down the page, I'll check it again and give directions.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Harry use the link in the first post, then scroll down to just above where it says in heading size type - Some Observations - here is the photo lable -

First American Exhibit, at 84th Kokufu Ten in 2010,
Japanese hemlock (Tsuga diversifolia) by Doug Paul

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry use the link in the first post, then scroll down to just above where it says in heading size type - Some Observations - here is the photo lable -

First American Exhibit, at 84th Kokufu Ten in 2010,
Japanese hemlock (Tsuga diversifolia) by Doug Paul

The link doesn't work for me.

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom