larger images

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
I looked briefly but couldnt find help on this. What are some of you doing differently to have such large photos in your posts?

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use photobucket

I just imbed the image links from photobucket where I want them in my post instead of uploading from my computer. You can use other sites too. Or if you are hosting pictures on your own site I believe you can use the link from there.

Last edited:

johng

Omono
Reaction score
There are a couple ways but this is what I have found the easiest. Sometimes forums don't like it when users "Link" to photos instead of posting on the forum...I have never heard Bnut comment either way but Study Group will give you a nasty gram if you post a linked photo there. I use Picasa but there are many sites that will allow you to upload pics and then link to them.

When you click on the picture image here at Nut you choose "from url" and paste the link provided by your hosting site...see the image.
hosting%2520photos.png

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just post links from my blog at blogspot I have never had a problem with links from there. Been on blogspot since 2006.

Brian

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
nathan, I upload to imgur.com

Afterwards on the right it will give you the link in metatags to post directly to a forum. It looks like this:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Another PhotoBucket user here. They all basically do the same though. :)

Neli

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
hot
I use face book. All my trees are organized there in albums. Unlimited photo allowances and free.
I click on the picture. to open it, right click it and copy URL. Ule the insert image icon above, from URL , then disselect : Retrieve remote file and reference locally, so I dont have upload the picture again here...and the picture comes as big as I put it on FB...but I normally reduce all my pictures to 550 Pixels, so they fit on my blog.
You can do the same with any image from any sight...just open right click and copy URL.
Example.
1545111_10200893705776952_1495280705_n.jpg

For this I used just paint. The normal paint on every PC.
I used the irregular selection...to select a small section of foliage, and while holding control I dropped it where it is needed. If I make a mistake...I select a suitable portion of the back ground and drop it in the same manner to delete.
This virtual was done in 1 min.

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use Photobucket as well. I dont like having to load into my PC then upload to Photobucket, but unless I get a wireless SD card for my camera that automatically sends to my PC or perhaps even upload to Photobucket, it is what it is.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I use Photobucket as well. I dont like having to load into my PC then upload to Photobucket, but unless I get a wireless SD card for my camera that automatically sends to my PC or perhaps even upload to Photobucket, it is what it is.

Can you link that SD card? Sounds interesting enough.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Now that's just wrong. We just came out of sub-zero temps, with more freezing rain today, and you put up a pic of a tropical paradise? Nice. Really nice. ;)

Image attachments should be working (see my other thread).

If you've never been to Fiji, I highly recommend it :) P.S. Don't forget it's Summer south of the Equator!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Here's another from Imigur. It's a Scots Pine I sold last summer but had hopes of doing something with myself. The price was something I could not ignore.

PUBUIMc.jpg

Here is another Scots Pine same situation: Both of these trees had been cultivated by me as pre-bonsai for you own use. However I started to have so many I had to get rid of some.

Wxp24yV.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom