Lemon tree.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
One of mine is about to bloom, too. Seems like if you stress them a little ( I let it get pretty dry, by accident) they want to bloom.

Akeron

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10B
Also have a lemon tree here but it seems to not be growing. What type of soil should we use and what can we do to make it grow a bit faster? Been about the same size for a year.
thanks!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Also have a lemon tree here but it seems to not be growing. What type of soil should we use and what can we do to make it grow a bit faster? Been about the same size for a year.
thanks!

Mine has really thin light scale that I cant get rid of....
Hard to spot...

You may want to do a check.

Sorce

Bonsai Babby

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
When I got home from work yesterday, I opened the back door to let my dog out, and I saw a humongous red-tailed hawk dismembering a squirrel in my yard....
If it makes you feel any better...

When I was a kid, my parents liked Chihuahuas. On multiple occasions, we saw an owl pick up a Chihuahua and try to carry it off but it always dropped them from a few feet up. I thought it was funny but my parents, and Chihuahuas, didn't think it was so funny!

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
When I was a kid, my parents liked Chihuahuas. On multiple occasions, we saw an owl pick up a Chihuahua and try to carry it off but it always dropped them from a few feet up. I thought it was funny but my parents, and Chihuahuas, didn't think it was so funny!
Hahaha, just a little natural world violence desensitization for you!
That's funny!

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Nigel Saunders has an interesting lemon tree, check him out on youtube!

Lemon trees have a pattern where they bottle up their energy and then will grow very rapidly, don't be surprised when you see an 8 foot shoot!

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nigel Saunders has an interesting lemon tree, check him out on youtube!

Lemon trees have a pattern where they bottle up their energy and then will grow very rapidly, don't be surprised when you see an 8 foot shoot!
Before I put it in the greenhouse it wasn't growing much at all and now its grown a lot. Just like you said. 8 to 10 inch shoots.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Before I put it in the greenhouse it wasn't growing much at all and now its grown a lot. Just like you said. 8 to 10 inch shoots.
Mine just sat around all winter doing nothing. Now it's pushing new shoots all over and blooming, must feel spring coming.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
thanks!

Acid soil. They love the acid. Since you live in Florida... they don't like salt. Make sure your water is low in sodium.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
All my citrus decided to wake up too now- growing and flowering like crazy! Here’s my satsuma orange, similar to a “cutie”.

Attachments

• E3B830E0-4D8A-420F-A32C-36A85A41C131.jpeg
    E3B830E0-4D8A-420F-A32C-36A85A41C131.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 25

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All my citrus decided to wake up too now- growing and flowering like crazy! Here’s my satsuma orange, similar to a “cutie”.
Very cool to see. For some reason its hard to get lemon and orange trees shipped to Texas. Love to have an orange also.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Very cool to see. For some reason its hard to get lemon and orange trees shipped to Texas. Love to have an orange also.
Hmm. That’s weird, no idea why that would be. Well I’d ship you some cuttings if they wouldn’t be seized by the government!

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wow, that thing is really loaded with flowers! Be careful when the fruit sets, not to jostle it around too much. The fruit is easily knocked off, when it's small.
Good to know. Thank's.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmm. That’s weird, no idea why that would be. Well I’d ship you some cuttings if they wouldn’t be seized by the government!
Most of the eBay sellers wont ship to:
Arizona , California , Hawaii , Louisiana , Texas ,
Puerto Rico , Guam , US Virgin Islands , American Samoa and
Northen Mariana Islands

Top Bottom