Looking for a reputable online Japanese maple seller.

BonScience

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
wondering how you guys find a deshojo and/or shin? i've literally been to all nurseries in NJ/NY area in the past 2 years, and most of known online shops are sold out.
I'm in the same boat, hard to find good AP maples let alone deshojo in the NY/NJ area at any of the nurseries other than the occasional emperor, bloodgood or generic APs. I got a chishio improved from Mr.Maple and it seems ok.

I've only found 1 shop that i like in NJ, Allshapes Bonsai, but i didn't see any deshojo's.

I just hope that Evergreen gardenworks will have enough next season for me to get one or two shin deshojo's because they seem to be the best in terms price for quality.

BonScience

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Try these:

Bought from both. Good sources.
Thanks! I saw Medocino Maples, i was looking at their fireglows, i'll have to check out the other site, thanks for the recommendation!

deineath

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm in the same boat, hard to find good AP maples let alone deshojo in the NY/NJ area at any of the nurseries other than the occasional emperor, bloodgood or generic APs. I got a chishio improved from Mr.Maple and it seems ok.

I've only found 1 shop that i like in NJ, Allshapes Bonsai, but i didn't see any deshojo's.

I just hope that Evergreen gardenworks will have enough next season for me to get one or two shin deshojo's because they seem to be the best in terms price for quality.
Right. yeah I was lucky and got 2 deshojo this season, one pencil size graft from Mr.Maple and one bonsai from The Bonsai Shack up in Pamona, NY. I'd call and ask John to see if he got any deshojos in their nursery.

PXL_20220504_153711347.jpg

Top Bottom