Marc Torppa @ The Growing Grounds and/or Don Blackmond @ GBB

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And this is a picture of a trident stump acquired there. It had a trunk that initially look great with nice taper and movement... until you realized all the chops were rotting into the stump because they'd never been sealed or had any work done to help them heal... and look at that awesome nebari with great thick roots seperated by inch + wide gaps basically moving straight down.. :eek: . I suspect a healthy trident would have done fine with the radical root reduction shown in the picture, but therot in the trunk had clearly affected the tree's vigor and it never recovered.
View attachment 347588

...one I wanted to ask about to see if it was still around......shufflin' monk.....too bad. Guy should just cruise thru his beds in the fall and hedge prune, at least/most.
🤔

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sadly I have never been there either although I live about 45 minutes away, I tried helping him out by taking pictures of his stock and helping him sell some trees through the Blue Ridge Bonsai Society and social media, my only cost of doing all that was a discount on a Japanese maple. He banned me from going there and told me I had to take my posts down on Bonsai Nut or he would take legal action. Its truly a shame because if I were in his shoes I would be chomping at the bit for the marketing opportunity.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
One of the funniest things I've ever heard on this site is ....
"Growing Grounds for a Lawsuit"

Search it!

I was thinking about it the other day ONLY because it is so funny!

Sorce
yeah thats a great thread

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
yeah thats a great thread
What happened after the work you did for him that he exiled you like you say?

And even after reading the other thread, still thinking about sending GG an email just to see. btw, if you're into the weird brews, next time you're in Wilmington try the Fermental brewery. They have ones that you open, pour into a mug, and the foam on top turns to "cake". Definitely interesting to say the least

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What happened after the work you did for him that he exiled you like you say?

And even after reading the other thread, still thinking about sending GG an email just to see. btw, if you're into the weird brews, next time you're in Wilmington try the Fermental brewery. They have ones that you open, pour into a mug, and the foam on top turns to "cake". Definitely interesting to say the least
He wouldn't let me help him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom