Michael Hagedorn Pots

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
He's a huge bonsai pot collector and the bane of all other bonsai pot collectors. He put together the European Bonsai Pot Collective and has DEEP pockets. He's a genuinely nice guy though as far as I can tell. He just seems to snatch up all the pots that I'm heavily considering at auctions. I'm still bitter about him buying up Roy's first apricot skin glazed pot at bonsai auction. I was planning on buying it, but Alex (Mae) snatched it up within the first minute it was posted. His bonsai pot purchasing fu is strong.
Yes I've been the victim of pot loss to him, as I'm sure anyone who is contemplating a good pot there is. Gotta just want it enough to bin first...

Reactions: Vin

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
He's a huge bonsai pot collector and the bane of all other bonsai pot collectors. He put together the European Bonsai Pot Collective and has DEEP pockets. He's a genuinely nice guy though as far as I can tell. He just seems to snatch up all the pots that I'm heavily considering at auctions. I'm still bitter about him buying up Roy's first apricot skin glazed pot at bonsai auction. I was planning on buying it, but Alex (Mae) snatched it up within the first minute it was posted. His bonsai pot purchasing fu is strong.
Yes I've been the victim of pot loss to him, as I'm sure anyone who is contemplating a good pot there is. Gotta just want it enough to bin first...
Me, too. He's purchased more pots via the "bin" bid then any other by a factor of ten...and then he pays shipping fees to Europe!!! If he didn't come across as such a nice guy, I'd hate his guts.

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, I just never seem to get the timing right and have lost many nice pots to him as well. I have to work so I can't spend all my time on the auction sites waiting for the good stuff to come up. I've even thought about starting my own auction page that doesn't allow BINs and has no reserves. No time to mess with it though.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yeah @thams !.....

Kinda fucked yourself putting that site together eh?

Today MH, tomorrow....
Oh tomorrow....

You Are so screwed!

Sorce

I've set the unfortunate (well, unfortunate for my wallet) to collect at least one bonsai pot from each artist on my website. Of course it'll take me many years and more storage space to do it, but I think it would be cool. Sometimes I think I'm not happy unless I'm torturing myself with some ridiculous goal. It's better than being addicted to drugs or gambling I suppose.

thams

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was about two minutes late on the bidding on this one.

Thank you for being late. I couldn't have justified much more for the little guy. It's a unique design so I was able to twist my logic to justify the price.

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom