MIRAI YATSUBUSA ELM

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I hate winter, but you have captured the beauty of the season.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here in DC area the last 3 weeks have been the coldest in a long time, the front end of this winter was very warm though. I cant wait for march to get here.

Same here my friend! :rolleyes: Today it warmed up to beach weather temps so left the elm outside while it snowed. It was 34F. And now it's back down to 10F.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looks like a ancient magestic Oak tree growing in a hill

Going for something along those lines. Wider upper canopy and shorter lower branching. Apex defined by a network of upper growing branches and not by a single leader etc.

Some years ago I used to dislike elms of any kind. These days I feel so very different about them. They have shown me the light! 😇

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Going for something along those lines. Wider upper canopy and shorter lower branching. Apex defined by a network of upper growing branches and not by a single leader etc.

Some years ago I used to dislike elms of any kind. These days I feel so very different about them. They have shown me the light! 😇
Like you I hate Elms as I think they are 'easy' trees. I would appreciate this more if it is actually an Oak. I like most of your other trees than this one... this one looks a bit too chaotic to be a Mach5 tree.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Like you I hate Elms as I think they are 'easy' trees. I would appreciate this more if it is actually an Oak. I like most of your other trees than this one... this one looks a bit too chaotic to be a Mach5 tree.

Sure, appreciate and welcome your honest comment. Elms are indeed easy in terms of ramifying them. No question. Where I see it differently is in achieving a design that is compelling and touches the viewer one way or another. I think that's not easy!

Not sure what a MACH5 tree is? But all my trees at their most basic follow a certain plan and logic in the way they are constructed as determined by their own species and character. This one is no exception. By any measure I would not categorize this tree as "chaotic". But as I keep developing it, I may finally achieve a MACH5 tree! :p

BrierPatch

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That is such a stately photo of a most beautiful tree. As you stated "I can stare at it for hours" I would make that days! Absolutely Fantastic!!!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Such a shame you cannot get this tree to the EU for the trophy next year. When will you put this in to win the nationals there?

LOL perhaps I can bring a life size Star Wars-style hologram to the Trophy. Maybe a new way to showing trees internationally?? 😂

Unsure as to when I'll submit this tree to the Nationals. I would like to at some point. I think it is still about a couple of Nationals away? So perhaps 2025?

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Deal.
No more excuses. Get your * in gear and get this tree presentable :).

If global travel is restored, 2025 sounds like a good year to visit the USA nationals.

It would be good to see you here Jelle! Hopefully that can happen by then.

Top Bottom