Mother Earth Volcanite (Pumice) SALE / Amazon

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here you go. Got my bag and sifted out five cups of soil through the jogsh roth three screen sifter. From the left is large screen, medium, small, and dust. Not bad for the price of the bag but I'm always looking for more medium sized particles and may be worth the price to get a uniform sizes through general pumice or another seller.

View attachment 341592
I must admit that I admire your diligence in all of your sifting. It is much more than I would ever do.

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is the best deal I have seen online. I had it in my watch list for quite awhile and it was just reduced from over$30 a bag to $11 plus with free shipping. There is a limit of 3 bags per customer. I got my 3 and can't buy any more. Passing it forward.
Just wanted to say thanks Penumbra, I placed an order at the beginning of the week and they just arrived. Great deal, and I struggle with getting good soil components around here, so this was much appreciated.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That pumice sale was nuts. I can't believe that the price even covered the cost of shipping, but who knows? Amazon may have cut a fixed rate deal with UPS or something... One wonders what they are thinking at the Mother Earth store when this stuff started flying out the door :)

As others have said - now if they will just run the same promotion on lava rock. Red or black - I don't care :)

Thanks @penumbra !

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It is hard to beat Amazon, however, I got 4 cu ft perlite at my local Southern States for $20.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
It is hard to beat Amazon, however, I got 4 cu ft perlite at my local Southern States for $20.
Really? I never saw pumice available at the local Southern States here. I will ask next time I pass by one. Size and quality of the bag you got?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really? I never saw pumice available at the local Southern States here. I will ask next time I pass by one. Size and quality of the bag you got?
4 cu ft course perlite at Front Royal Southern States. I use it for cuttings and for raised grow beds.

sneutrino

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That pumice sale was nuts. I can't believe that the price even covered the cost of shipping, but who knows? Amazon may have cut a fixed rate deal with UPS or something... One wonders what they are thinking at the Mother Earth store when this stuff started flying out the door :)

Noticed that Mother Earth does not list pumice on their website : https://www.mother-earthproducts.com/products/soils-and-amendments/ . Perhaps this was a discontinuation sale?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I got two of the three bags. Apparently they damaged my third bag in delivery, said screw it, and refunded the 13 bucks. As meatloaf would say, two out of three ain't bad.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, hopefully they get to me undamaged.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just had two arrive as well. One of the bags had a slit I had to tape closed.

Top Bottom