My 2 cents worth for what's it's worth.....

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
if i missed it - i apologize

but where are these available for 125? at that price point i would buy a couple

Derek91

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
if i missed it - i apologize

but where are these available for 125? at that price point i would buy a couple

Not sure what you are referring to? The original post or my post?
If mine,yeah you could get a petty nice one for that price however they range. www.plantcitybonsai.com
I hate to start shooting prices out on here and get quoted but if you get in touch with him I would be willing to bet money u will buy a tree

Last edited:

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
referring to original post - but also any others suggesting these sort of deals can be found.

where can i buy stock like this for 125? i live in nc where the only nursery in driving distance is the growing grounds. and im having a very very hard time finding decent stock anywhere. occasionally something pops up on ebay (and is usually wayyyy over priced)

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I see newbies and people that have a little bonsai experience already buy those little S curve Chinese elms for 35 to 55 bucks and higher. In about 8 to 10 years, they will have a larger S curve Chinese elm. I'm sure I will have people disagree with me and that's a good thing, because we want to stimulate bonsai conversation, so speak up. IMHO everyone should have a Juniper in their collection, especailly a Green Mound or Procumbens Nana, whichever you prefer. They will grow almost anywhere, they are tougher than nails, just keep the spider mites off them. They are like a bad haircut, give them a while and they will grow back. They are inexpensive and like the one below, can become a near finished with one styling. The one below is like I bought it, it has NOT BEEN STYLED. All I've done since I bought is water and fertilized it. You can't see real well from my picture, but it's a double trunk. Would you rather have five 25 buck trees or a bonsai for 125.

keep it green,
Harry

It depends: Given both options and one dies; and this does happen with Procumbens/Green mound/Japanese Garden Juniper, more often than your above assessment would seem to suggest, with which choice do you think wisdom would tell you to go? There is no right or wrong answer.

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
referring to original post - but also any others suggesting these sort of deals can be found.

where can i buy stock like this for 125? i live in nc ...

Where in NC? I drive to Plant City at least twice a year from Birmingham and it has always been worth the time and drive. Won't promise you will find what you want for 125$ but I have found pricing to be fair and reasonable. Steve and Sandy are both class acts.

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

where can i buy stock like this for 125? i live in nc ...

Where in NC? I drive to Plant City at least twice a year from Birmingham and it has always been worth the time and drive. Won't promise you will find what you want for 125$ but I have found pricing to be fair and reasonable. Steve and Sandy are both class acts.

thanks for the info - but a quick google search looks like that is in GA? unfortunately a drive like that isnt an option for me.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Contact them via email, tell them what you are looking for and ask them to send you pictures of a few to choose from. Ask the cost including shipping to your zip code. Im sure they would be willing to help you out, especially if you say you cant drive there.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would look for a shimpaku if it were me. Try meehan's miniatures. Call or email and they will send pics of possible trees. I got a shimpaku with close to a 3"trunk for $150.00 Procumbens nana are alright but every time you make a cut juvenile foliage starts popping out. Also it may be just me but sometimes branches just die after wiring. I used to think procumbens junipers were the shit. Then I saw a shimpaku then got one to work with and never looked back. Serious.

Top Bottom