Norway Maple yamadori

So regarding the tree itself, term or not- what’s your overall size goal? I’m interested to see what progress you can make with ramification. From the photos, that internode length and stalk length is pretty big.

Well, I live on a mountain range, so technically...

But, I think I understand now. Yamadori maybe should have a more romantic aspect to it, like having to go on a journey to a difficult spot to get the tree, and that the tree itself had to have endured some kind of journey of survival to become different looking than the other trees.

Well, I live on a mountain range, so technically...

But, I think I understand now. Yamadori maybe should have a more romantic aspect to it, like having to go on a journey to a difficult spot to get the tree, and that the tree itself had to have endured some kind of journey of survival to become different looking than the other trees.
5037F537-FE69-4C6B-BEB8-5DC69DCA8EDB.jpeg
Hold my beer! 😂😂

What about an oak tree, planted by a squirrel and grown without any human activities, collected by me, but it's in my yard? Is that yamadori or yardadori?
I also have a few coastal live oaks (Quercus agrifolia) courtesy of squirrels and scrub jays, including a couple that they kindly planted in pots that had soil.

What do you call those animal sowed trees that went straight into pot, that had no human intervention, and no collection needed. For now I'll call them: Dōbutsu no tanemaki (with google translator's help for :"animal sowed seeds", and an understanding that the translation is likely incorrect in Japanese, and hopefully not disrespectful). If someone here in the group speaks Japanese please correct the translation.

So regarding the tree itself, term or not- what’s your overall size goal? I’m interested to see what progress you can make with ramification. From the photos, that internode length and stalk length is pretty big.
The pictures with the long internode is before the lower canopy filled out.when i found it it had the long leggyness like that..i slowly cropped them off and the pic that illustrates the nice tight low canopy is how it sits currently
I know ita a stocky little stalk without that much taper..ita got some tho..id like to see that canopy ramify and just maintain a dense little umbrella on top..the existing nodes have started to become woody so thats cool,will nurture new little offshoots from existing nodes this year..ill try to take some pre budding pics today

In time maybe work that hard chop down as the base of the branches thicken up

Last year this tree did so well and was very strong and healthy always popping new growth wich allowed me to shorten those internodes down from ugly leggyness to nice tight little canopy over this little stump...
I was unable to shield it for most of the winter, and managed to get it in a shed for some..anyway it started the year with green bud on the end of its mini branches so i was very pleased because ive grown fond of this little tree after successfully recovering it from shock last year....
But now its growth looks pale if not dead..what the H
For some reason it looks greener in the photo (not that that says much)

Its in a mix of turface ,fir bark, haydite and peat..again it recovered in this last year and did great the whole time..seems to of just recent gone south which stinks cuz now its SPRINGGG.was hoping to see some goodness..pretty much all of my other dormant treess woke up by now

Attachments

• 20210418_100514.jpg
    20210418_100514.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210418_100437.jpg
    20210418_100437.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210418_100604.jpg
    20210418_100604.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210418_100555.jpg
    20210418_100555.jpg