Note to B-Nut

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The advertising revenues are probably not inconsiderable,freedom of speech was enshrined but not freedom of advertising.

Not even as an amendment or a supreme court reimagining of spirit.

And how!

I think the law failed at subliminal imagery,then there was furore about product placement in the Whitehouse,then there was a law for surreptitious advertising seemingly passed without means of enforcement.

In the UK i seem to recall talk of a Media Monopolies and Mergers commission who's function seems to have been making a living out of who could legally propagandise who.

It's a big dollop of unseemliness,but then it is some other peoples way.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I propose we change the name of this forum so people know what they're getting themselves into right upfront. How about "Bonsai Right-Wing-Nuts"!?

Gentlemen, stay out of the BAR if you can, this is the best bonsai forum on the net, there is no problem with staying on topic, but you can't resist slowing down to see a wreck. The only thing that brings more views and responses, is poor old Will, and he is always good for a couple of thousands of views, sorry Will, just making a point to the hypocrites.

keep it green,
Harry

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I wonder what the likes of Edison would have made of the moving pictures used in such a fashion.

Could he have seen that his entertainment device would spawn an industry that would eventually usurp We the People?

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I wonder what the likes of Edison would have made of the moving pictures used in such a fashion.

Could he have seen that his entertainment device would spawn an industry that would eventually usurp We the People?

Give me a break limey, just what part of we the people are you ?

keep it green,
Harry

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Why are you here then ??????

keep it green,
Harry

Boy, you've got to be one of the rudest people I've ever seen on a forum. I'm here just like everyone else is, to learn. Just because I said it wasn't the best forum on the net doesn't mean I am not allowed to still be here. I like other forums because they don't have rude people like you on them. I used to be a fan of yours, but ever since your rudeness has increased I have started to dislike you. Gain some respect man, geeze.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Boy, you've got to be one of the rudest people I've ever seen on a forum. I'm here just like everyone else is, to learn. Just because I said it wasn't the best forum on the net doesn't mean I am not allowed to still be here. I like other forums because they don't have rude people like you on them. I used to be a fan of yours, but ever since your rudeness has increased I have started to dislike you. Gain some respect man, geeze.

Yeah, you're right I'm a rude, crude and anti-social old man that's fedup with all the BS shoved down our throats, sorry you disaprrove of speaking out against oppression, you can sit and curse the dark, of light a candle.

keep it green,
Harry

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Yeah, you're right I'm a rude, crude and anti-social old man that's fedup with all the BS shoved down our throats, sorry you disaprrove of speaking out against oppression, you can set and curse the dark, of light a candle.

keep it green,
Harry

Yeah, I know I'm right. And where the hell did you get the theory that I'm against speaking out against oppression? Check your eyes, old man, I never said anything like that. You came and asked me why I was here simply for stating that your opinion of this being the best bonsai forum is, in fact, an opinion, believe it or not.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm right. And where the hell did you get the theory that I'm against speaking out against oppression? Check your eyes, old man, I never said anything like that. You came and asked me why I was here simply for stating that your opinion of this being the best bonsai forum is, in fact, an opinion, believe it or not.

Why don't you stay out of the Bar and concentrate on bonsai on whatever forum you choose, I happen to think this is the best one. Excuse me this isn't the bar, but it should be.

keep it green,
Harry

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If I were "New to Bonsai" this thread would chase me right out of this forum.

To all folks new to bonsai... please don't let this forum or thread discourage you. If you feel like a rank noob with no idea about bonsai, please visit somewhere friendly like:

http://www.thehelpfulgardener.com/phpBB2

They have some very kind and easy going folks over there... and they are very good about sheparding new learners. Gnome on this forum is a mod there... and believe me... they moderate it.

Or if you feel like you want to strike out into some very inspired waters.... Internet Bonsai Club smokes this one for content and has none of the nonsense. It's dominated by Europeans, but you also get a LOT of high quality exposure to trees and techniques. Maybe not as prolific in overall posts as this place, but the quality of the content is high.

If you want wild west gun/mud slinging with a smattering of bonsai tossed in... this is the place for you. There's more noise than signal... but I regard most of the folks here as family in many ways, so I think of it like the rest of my family... I can't pick em... but I do occasionally pick on em. ;) Especially if they are being outragous even for their normal antics.

Welcome and I hope you'll learn much, no matter where you call home.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Although I'm certainly not the prime instigator for all the intolerance of intolerance being discussed here, I'm sure I have played some part, so perhaps I should weigh in on this thread as well:

176 Lbs.

G52 (The-Other-Will)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This is a good forum.
If I were to imagine something as bizarre as going to my family reunion where everyone works on trees, this place may represent what that may be like.
There is a lot of good content from real people, not 1000 posts about someone planting a one year- old seedling in a pot with potting soil, keeping it indoors through the winter and asking how to style it. No doubt, you have to start somewhere and there are lots of kind people to help out, but it is also nice to go to a place and see a post with some pics of high-quality trees without wading through tons of the same beginner questions.
As far as geopolitical points of view, I figure you don't have to always agree with others in order to learn from them. I've been in small classes with famous artists and they generally are not the squeaky-clean, easily offended types. I have at times, been shocked by some of the things I've heard, but over the years, I have found that it is good to thicken the skin and hear other opinions from people that are of a different age or from different places.

And if you learn a little more about trees, then all the better!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
"The problem with "The Bar" is that with thread titles like this, you cannot simply choose to "stay out of the Bar" as you say. The offensive language is right there for everyone to read. I think it is completely inappropriate for a site that is supposed to be about bonsai. If you want to post nonsense like this, fine. I have no problem with freedom of speech. I'm sure Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Limbaugh would love to hear some enlightening thoughts on "Muzzies"."

COME ON- Ok so who made you go look, who made you read it, offensive in whos terms, and it's in an area warning you of possible content, who made you the nonsense God, and if posting is our right and then what the hell are you pissing and moaning about, and don't worry about the right media, they know what is going on, maybe it's your turn to lean a few things. Start with if you don't like it, then STOP READING IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Sorry sonny, but you are as big a part of the problem.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All of this is avoidable. There is a way to block Bar posts from appearing when you click on "new posts." I have done that, but I can't remember how. Anyone?

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
B-Nut,
Thanks for your efforts in creating this bonsai forum. I have gained much from many hours spent in front of the computer learning from some thoughtful threads. There is a lot of expertise when the topic remains bonsai. But some of the off-topic conversations have bothered me and I'm disappointed with myself for not just ignoring them. So I'm off to find a forum which sticks closer to the topic.

Thanks again.

Sad to see you go Jeff. However excited to attend shows,workshops and whatever else with you!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
All of this is avoidable. There is a way to block Bar posts from appearing when you click on "new posts." I have done that, but I can't remember how. Anyone?

They are blocked when you click on "new posts".

keep it green,
Harry

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
If I were "New to Bonsai" this thread would chase me right out of this forum.

To all folks new to bonsai... please don't let this forum or thread discourage you. If you feel like a rank noob with no idea about bonsai, please visit somewhere friendly like:

http://www.thehelpfulgardener.com/phpBB2

They have some very kind and easy going folks over there... and they are very good about sheparding new learners. Gnome on this forum is a mod there... and believe me... they moderate it.

Or if you feel like you want to strike out into some very inspired waters.... Internet Bonsai Club smokes this one for content and has none of the nonsense. It's dominated by Europeans, but you also get a LOT of high quality exposure to trees and techniques. Maybe not as prolific in overall posts as this place, but the quality of the content is high.

If you want wild west gun/mud slinging with a smattering of bonsai tossed in... this is the place for you. There's more noise than signal... but I regard most of the folks here as family in many ways, so I think of it like the rest of my family... I can't pick em... but I do occasionally pick on em. ;) Especially if they are being outragous even for their normal antics.

Welcome and I hope you'll learn much, no matter where you call home.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

Agreed, Victrinia. The IBC is great.:)

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
They are blocked when you click on "new posts".

keep it green,
Harry

Thanks for the tip, Harry. I thought Bar posts were still coming up when I clicked "New Posts", but maybe its when I click "Today's Posts".

I'll "Stay out of the Bar" as you say.

Top Bottom