Ongoing wood treatment

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Just added a little expansion here. The space between the 2 higher stands used to be a raised bed to fatten up my pre bonsai material in the ground. Unfortunately Pocket Gophers discovered it. One day last summer I found mounds of soil where my accent plants used to be and a Korean Hornbeam suddenly crashed. Probing the roots, I found the main ones chewed down to 2" from the trunk. So the in ground stuff will get a new Gopher-proof raised bed someday. Meanwhile, I put in a new heavy duty bench I call the grunt bench. Grunt bench because it's lower and all the trees big enough to get a grunt out of me attempting to lift them go there.IMG_1385.JPG The problem (my problem) here is that I expand to give the trees more space and improve air flow and light getting to them. Then I just fill it up with crap. Fortunately I've had another year to improve my carpentry skills. Don't worry. I measured precisely.IMG_1386.JPG Oh, opps!

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
All nice looking work! You could also just use Cedar. It weathers well outdoors and is rot/decay resistant. Unfinished, it will eventually turn a silver/grey color, or you can just oil it to preserve the golden color.

Top Bottom