Ongoing crape myrtle nutrient deficiency

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, I guess time will tell. Dont really care to test the soil.
it's a 1/2" size particle
Thats what, over a centimeter? Bloody huge.
Be it that size or what I have, little white pieces with some dirt or algae on them, scattered over the flower soil, dont look nice to me. I cant really be convinced. Mind you it does have some perlite because as I said, I dump old soil in my raised bed.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Well, I guess time will tell. Dont really care to test the soil.

Thats what, over a centimeter? Bloody huge.
Be it that size or what I have, little white pieces with some dirt or algae on them, scattered over the flower soil, dont look nice to me. I cant really be convinced. Mind you it does have some perlite because as I said, I dump old soil in my raised bed.
Technically around ~1.27cm. Remember this is used for aeration in a grow bed, also, this is the size most nurseries use. The large size allows for a lot of oxygen in the root zone.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really dont think moss dust can be compared to stone needles that lodge in your lungs, lol.
You would be surprised how nasty all of this stuff is on a microscopic level. That is why Diatomaceous Earth is used to kill insects. The needle like particles wound the insect causing desiccation. And any dust from any stone product, including sand, is highly damaging to the lungs. Working with clay, this is something I have to be aware of.
Peat moss and sphagnum have different issues. They frequently carry fungal spores know to cause Sporotrichosis. Additionally, when any dust particles enter the lungs, most of it stays there. Sawdust is also dangerous.

Ken Duncan

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really dont think moss dust can be compared to stone needles that lodge in your lungs, lol.

Theres is something available here, 1-6mm and 2,20EUR per kilo is what I found within a minute. Doesnt seem too bad, I might try it

I think its too regular for that. But if you have a picture of your own damaged crape leaves, feel free to post it in this thread as well. Maybe you dont have to use pesticides after all.
I would send you a picture but I do not have any damage after using a systemic insecticide for years.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Something is going on with these chemicals or fungicides or something…………..
I have not seen one of these bigger than a 1/4” for 25 years!!!

I think they eat insects infected with fungicides or something or pesticides I don’t know.

I usually don’t grow things that need all the special fungicize I will go the organic route I’m having success with bio fungicide increasing calcium by thousands of times but some trees still get the mold and stuff but that’s easily fixed with say the peroxide.
I do not even spray my pines. Grew 400 Siberian Elms the ones that had black spot I tossed😉

I’ll spare everybody the enlarged photo🤔

Attachments

• B1C3DAF7-43EE-415F-939F-A837ADFCDC7D.jpeg
    B1C3DAF7-43EE-415F-939F-A837ADFCDC7D.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
just the other week.

Was concerned this was needlecast…….
Freakin’ drought…..my own fault.
1F6C70B8-680F-492F-9DBE-1BBB51BA489B.jpeg21DB098A-0472-4181-8155-75220831738F.jpeg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Something is going on with these chemicals or fungicides or something…………..
I have not seen one of these bigger than a 1/4” for 25 years!!!

I think they eat insects infected with fungicides or something or pesticides I don’t know.

I usually don’t grow things that need all the special fungicize I will go the organic route I’m having success with bio fungicide increasing calcium by thousands of times but some trees still get the mold and stuff but that’s easily fixed with say the peroxide.
I do not even spray my pines. Grew 400 Siberian Elms the ones that had black spot I tossed😉

I’ll spare everybody the enlarged photo🤔
Isn't this the way Spiderman got his start?

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wrong thread, guys.

Top Bottom