Petition to eliminate the "Bar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This thread is a perfect example of the liberal mindset, if I don't think you need it, it must be eliminated so you won't be tempted. "What a country"
Prime example of the kind of crap that floats out of the karaoke bar and pollutes the rest of the forum! Exhibit A for permanent removal of the bar.

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Maybe you would prefer I pay you a visit and read some of your posts and tell you the truth about some of the shit you think will make a bonsai, instead of an attaboy, nice try, your doing great.

As a matter of fact, yeah, that's why I post my shit.
I'm curious, though, why you are here. As I recall you some time ago sold all of those nice trees that you paid the guy from Italy to make for you....

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm curious, though, why you are here. As I recall you some time ago sold all of those nice trees that you paid the guy from Italy to make for you....

It is kind of strange. There are so many forums out there that cater just to these kind of topics, what's the point of doing it on a bonsai forum, of all places? One would think that serious bonsai hobbyists would rather avoid getting into these types of discussions.
Bonsai is about beauty and harmony between man and nature, as well as between people, so why on earth would we be interested in all this uglyness. I know that uglyness is part of life, but why bring it here? It is strange, indeed.
But whatever you guys decide.....

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
....I know one thing, though. As soon as I find out about somebody that he is spewing hatred, no amount of nice trees will induce me to participate in any discussion that he/she is part of. I just don't have the need to be around extremists of any sort. So, there goes the argument that bonsai and politics can be separated...

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Attila, what is your definition of hatred. I will be more than glad to define my definition of hatred for you, so there will no second guessings, fair enough.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Attila, what is your definition of hatred. I will be more than glad to define my definition of hatred for you, so there will no second guessings, fair enough.

Let's see...

If I dislike, have aversion of something, repulsed by somebody, or disagree with somebody, that is not hatred.

But as the above feelings become more intense, more amplified, then at some level of intensity, they become hatred. Nobody could tell exactly when, but people can recognize it at some point.

Also, when somebody is obsessed with a certain subject (Obama, gay issues, immigration, racial issues, etc), this obsession means that they have very strong feelings about it.So, it's safe to assume, that you wil strongly associate with those people who agree with you on these subjects, and will feel extreme hostility agaist those who disagree with you. So, people who are obsessed about something, are more likely to experience hatred in a situation of disagreement.

My view on this is that one can experience hatred, and still behave in a civilized manner. There are places where there is no room for this. I consider bonsai as one of these places.

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Harry,
Some people say "I don't hate Mexicans, I just want them out of this country and back to where they belong".

Is this hatred? Technically speaking, it's not hatred, you are just expressing your honest opinion. But in fact, it is hatred, because you will vote for, or openly support (almost) any law (=act of aggression) which will lead to their removal from this country. Open hostility will inevitably lead to hatred, sooner or later.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let's see...

If I dislike, have aversion of something, repulsed by somebody, or disagree with somebody, that is not hatred.

But as the above feelings become more intense, more amplified, then at some level of intensity, they become hatred. Nobody could tell exactly when, but people can recognize it at some point.

Also, when somebody is obsessed with a certain subject (Obama, gay issues, immigration, racial issues, etc), this obsession means that they have very strong feelings about it.So, it's safe to assume, that you wil strongly associate with those people who agree with you on these subjects, and will feel extreme hostility agaist those who disagree with you. So, people who are obsessed about something, are more likely to experience hatred in a situation of disagreement.

My view on this is that one can experience hatred, and still behave in a civilized manner. There are places where there is no room for this. I consider bonsai as one of these places.

Attila, you are saying you can hate some one just because they have differing views than you? And you feel this somehow counts you among those rational enough to even have a voice IF there was a vote on keeping the Karaoke bar? A well developed, adult mentality can recognize disputes and respond in an appropriate manner. I always marvel at the liberals with their twisted pysch's that either resort to profanity & lies or hatred when they can not back their "feelings" with facts.

I will never agree with the liberal agenda, and never will unless maybe I suffer a brain injury, and as it is I will never accept their views, but I will gladly defend their right to have those views. This is afterall a free nation, for the time being.

Attila all joking aside, and I mean this for your health, if you as you posted " feel extreme hostility against those who disagree with you " then you should seek the services of a mental health care provider as this is not normal, no one can expect everyuone to agree with them but experiencing hostility towards those who have a differeing viewpoint is a sign of a mental disability. Check yourself before it gets worse my friend.

ed

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
This thread is a perfect example of the liberal mindset, if I don't think you need it, it must be eliminated so you won't be tempted. "What a country"
I for one am a Libertarian, a far different thing from a Liberal. But this thread is not about political orientation, rather it is about civilized behavior. Everyone defecates, but most don't do it in the living room (or the bar).

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I can't believe how much smack people talk to each other on this website. It's easy to be so tough online. It's unfortunate that as a new member here this is what I walk in to. I come here for help and guidance from experienced bonsai gardeners. Please tell me there are some professionals here.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't believe how much smack people talk to each other on this website. It's easy to be so tough online. It's unfortunate that as a new member here this is what I walk in to. I come here for help and guidance from experienced bonsai gardeners. Please tell me there are some professionals here.

There are many experienced professionals here to offer guidance and help. You will find their tutelage through the Bonsai sections here, the Bar is but one small thread to discuss off topic things. If you do not like it you just have to not click on that forum listing.

ed

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Why do admins allow ppl to talk to each other in these ways. There really is too much drama here. IMHO. I know there is a ton of experience here. Thanks to those who wanna share it.

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The problem with "the bar" is that for social sites you typically need a "catch-all" forum for people to post non-topic stuff. Otherwise you need to do a lot of moderating of off-topic posts, and you have to make a lot of judgement calls about what is relevant and what is not. Having two off-topic forums allows people to have two places to go to for fun, or venting, or whatever. I believe I have now returned things to the way they "used to be" so that you no longer see posts from either of the two off-topic forums unless you specifically navigate there. Let me know if you still see them...

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Let me just add... your Karaoke Bar posts will still show up in your Activity Stream - just not in the public "what's new" or "new posts" lists. That way if you post in the Karaoke Bar you will still see it in your activity stream and be able to navigate to it - but only you will see it. It is similar to a "sent mail" folder.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Attila, you are saying you can hate some one just because they have differing views than you?

Ed, I don't remember a time when I ever hated anybody. I am sure there was an occasion (or two), but I just don't remember.So, I have no idea where are you getting this from. I give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you had a couple of drinks before you read my post.
Attila all joking aside, and I mean this for your health, if you as you posted " feel extreme hostility against those who disagree with you " then you should seek the services of a mental health care provider as this is not normal, no one can expect everyuone to agree with them but experiencing hostility towards those who have a differeing viewpoint is a sign of a mental disability. Check yourself before it gets worse my friend.

ed

Again: please pay attention when you read something, and do not make up your own version of it.

Just for you, I need to put in a nutshell what I said:
I was trying to define the term "hatred", because Harry asked me to do so.

BTW, is English your first language? If it's not, that could also explain the communication break-down...and come to think of it, I do HATE when someone puts words in my mouth that I never intended to say.

Last edited:

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Loose it. It brings the whole site down.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
My friend Bill and I can have a conversation about just anything, politics, world affairs, you name it. We're not bothering anybody, then some of you come to the bar with your opinions that weren't asked for in the first place and stir shit up, then you run around around calling us the trouble makers. I think you are your own worst enemy, stay out of the bar with your opinions and I will stay out of the Ficus forum, because I don't like tropicals, wouldn't want to upset the Ficus lovers, see how pleasent I can be.

bob shimon

Mame
Reaction score
puzzled

I want to thank Paul for starting this link. I am a somewhat new member to this forum and often wondered what place the KB has here. If this is a bonsai web site, then it seems to me that the forum options should be bonsai related. The KB brings bad energy to a very enjoyable pursuit, and I find it very distasteful.
Maybe the left and right who insist on attacking and insulting each other can start a seprate web site that allows them to do so and won't contiminate this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom