Pictures from the National Arboretum

PiñonJ

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
one of my other pastimes is astrophotography
If you make it out this way, be sure to get in touch. I have a friend who’s fairly deep down the rabbit hole. He’s got a really nice setup at home and he recently bought a patch of land in rural New Mexico that’s a certified dark sky site. I don’t remember the exact Bortle rating, but it was either 2, or 1-2. The place already had some kind of well-built shack that he wired for his electronics and, apparently, someone in the area needed high-speed internet, so he’s opting for the mid-range at 500 mbps 😆. He’d be happy to show you his setup and image whatever you like.
The other thing I really enjoy is hiking
We have a bit of that, too 😁.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
If you make it out this way, be sure to get in touch. I have a friend who’s fairly deep down the rabbit hole. He’s got a really nice setup at home and he recently bought a patch of land in rural New Mexico that’s a certified dark sky site. I don’t remember the exact Bortle rating, but it was either 2, or 1-2. The place already had some kind of well-built shack that he wired for his electronics and, apparently, someone in the area needed high-speed internet, so he’s opting for the mid-range at 500 mbps 😆. He’d be happy to show you his setup and image whatever you like.

We have a bit of that, too 😁.
You’re right! I spent several weeks in the Carlsbad area doing both earlier this year!

- S

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
View attachment 391725

Black Hills Spruce from Andrew Smith. I kind of like the twin trunk bunjin. Interesting composition and an unusual species for bonsai. Glad to see they grow in the DC area - I might have to have one for the collection!

S
I study this composition daily .. no joke

Top Bottom