Pigletts Progress

Man...that is time consuming crap right there. Four hours later and you feel you only wired half the tree.
Actually 6 hours, not too bad considering.
I did not really wire the entire branch structure of the tree at this point, only the newer growth, as older growth has already gotten shaped over the past 2 seasons. Are you seeing a lot that still needs movement from pic 1 or 2?
There are still some areas that from some angles still look too straight, or not tapered, these are in the back of my chosen front. I may yet work on those areas.

Did you put this tree into the time capsule? I don't remember. If you did I would not show anymore photo's till 2018 and the time capsule opening ceremonies. I would like to see it then when the secondaries catch up to the primaries. It is a twisted up bugger right now. 18 months is not that long, would make a big impact to see that canopy filled out.

Did you put this tree into the time capsule? I don't remember. If you did I would not show anymore photo's till 2018 and the time capsule opening ceremonies. I would like to see it then when the secondaries catch up to the primaries. It is a twisted up bugger right now. 18 months is not that long, would make a big impact to see that canopy filled out.
I did not put this in the capsule, you'll just have to put up with seeing it between now and then. :)
I am really looking forward to those filling out too, but I'm trying not to rush this and have to restart because I was impatient.

Actually 6 hours, not too bad considering.
I did not really wire the entire branch structure of the tree at this point, only the newer growth, as older growth has already gotten shaped over the past 2 seasons. Are you seeing a lot that still needs movement from pic 1 or 2?
There are still some areas that from some angles still look too straight, or not tapered, these are in the back of my chosen front. I may yet work on those areas.
Time wiring trees--and doing stuff, is flat mind-bending sometimes. It is no wonder most amateur American bonzo are unkempt. I often wonder about these hours--as an individual, are they wasted, are they developmental to me somehow--other than meditatively? My Norbilly friend reminds me he is leading a contemplative life and bonsai is a component of it--like an exercise of grace revealing yet more grace, but then he is retired with a pension and I doubt I ever will be.

I often wonder about these hours--as an individual, are they wasted, are they developmental to me somehow--other than meditatively
I find it mind freeing. To delve into the structure and try to bring something out of it is so absorbing that all else goes away.

I find it mind freeing. To delve into the structure and try to bring something out of it is so absorbing that all else goes away.
Ahh yes, this is the meditative element-- do you feel there is more beyond this?

This is one of my most favorite tridents, so muscular and natural. Probably why I don't have any yet, I want to find the right one.

Aaron
You should get one and learn the species and how it grows in your climate before you get a good one... There are tons of them out there, and it should do well for you.

You should get one and learn the species and how it grows in your climate before you get a good one... There are tons of them out there, and it should do well for you.
I had one but it was just a little cutting, ended up selling it this winter when I needed some money :oops:. At least it was just in the grow out stage, I want to look for one with a decent trunk but not super expensive (my life:rolleyes:).

Aaron

Not much to say but...

I found out our baseball trip to Myrtle Beach may have changed to.....

Ohio!

So......

What kind of pie do I have to make?

I gotta see this thing!

It is totally Becoming!

Sorce

Looking great Judy! YIKES what a BEAST! :eek:

I'd love to see a branch or two from the lower left cluster coming towards us. Looks like all are facing away or just the photo?

Looking great Judy! YIKES what a BEAST! :eek:

I'd love to see a branch or two from the lower left cluster coming towards us. Looks like all are facing away or just the photo?
They do fade to the back, but I'll bet I can wire something out this way. Never actually thought about doing that. Thanks M!

Hey Judy - can we have an update on this one? Would like to see what it's looking like :)

Oh no - you're gonna keep us waiting! I've only just found this thread so am reading from away back! I'm sure you must have enjoyed working on this the last few years? Did you ever feel daunted or have you just taken it in your stride?

Oh no - you're gonna keep us waiting! I've only just found this thread so am reading from away back! I'm sure you must have enjoyed working on this the last few years? Did you ever feel daunted or have you just taken it in your stride?
I'm rarely daunted by anything, I've been a woman in a man's industry, so not much ruffles me, certainly not trees! I have very much enjoyed this tree and working on it, it sure has a lot of doing to do when it needs done. :rolleyes:
I do feel like moving away from these super huge trees though, and am working my collection back to medium sized things bits at a time. I still have 3 very large ones, that will be hard to part with, this being one of them. Thanks for reading this long thread!

I'm rarely daunted by anything, I've been a woman in a man's industry, so not much ruffles me, certainly not trees! I have very much enjoyed this tree and working on it, it sure has a lot of doing to do when it needs done. :rolleyes:
I do feel like moving away from these super huge trees though, and am working my collection back to medium sized things bits at a time. I still have 3 very large ones, that will be hard to part with, this being one of them. Thanks for reading this long thread!
Say it ain't so, Judy!!!

Back
Top Bottom