PIT-EKA Suiseki and Daiza #1

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Had some time today to cut out this daiza, and fit it to the stone. Still have a long ways to go to get it looking how I envision it to be. This is also my first suiseki and daiza, so I'm curious how it will look when it's finished.

@Hartinez thanks again for getting me off to the right start!

20210809_210032.jpg20210809_210130.jpg20210809_210056.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Had some time today to cut out this daiza, and fit it to the stone. Still have a long ways to go to get it looking how I envision it to be. This is also my first suiseki and daiza, so I'm curious how it will look when it's finished.

@Hartinez thanks again for getting me off to the right start!

View attachment 390764View attachment 390765View attachment 390766
Very nice. You're going to be a one-stop bonsai shop soon. Pots, plants, etc.

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Great job fitting the equator!! That's the hardest part.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This looks great. Any progress update? I've always wanted to work on something like this. I guess its off to the wood working store to get a nice hardwood base starter. and... some carving tools.
Thanks! Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a project mixing 80lb bags of cement by hand to finish a path on the side of my house. When I finish that I'm going to try to squeeze some time in to finish it.

20210821_183816.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Love those stones, they almost look like flower
Thanks! Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a project mixing 80lb bags of cement by hand to finish a path on the side of my house. When I finish that I'm going to try to squeeze some time in to finish it.

View attachment 393503
Love those stones, they almost look like flower petals.

rhubarrbb

Seed
Reaction score
Resurrecting this old thread, but I love what you've done here! I've just started to carve my own Daiza, but I'm new to woodworking all together. How did you get such straight edges? I only have a rotary tool and some palm gauges. Is this with a router?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Resurrecting this old thread, but I love what you've done here! I've just started to carve my own Daiza, but I'm new to woodworking all together. How did you get such straight edges? I only have a rotary tool and some palm gauges. Is this with a router?
Thanks! The outer profile was cut out with a scroll saw. The seat was cut out using a Dremel and router attachment with a straight bit.

I walk pass it every time I'm in my garage.......I'm planning on finishing this piece this spring/summer.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You know what, I was in the garage this weekend and actually looked at it. I'm hoping later this month to get my hands on it. I'm almost finished with the loft bed I'm building for my daughter.

Other projects take priority.....this one I have to squeeze in.

20220702_182439.jpg

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You know what, I was in the garage this weekend and actually looked at it. I'm hoping later this month to get my hands on it. I'm almost finished with the loft bed I'm building for my daughter.

View attachment 449660
2x4 construction, that thing will last through HER kids! Looking good.

I totally understand this. Take your time.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

View attachment 449660
Really nice work. I think you get more done before breakfast than I get done in a week. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom