Poink88's Ilkex Vomitoria (Yaupon Holly)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Oh, I read this: This is my problem with sidewalk pick up trees (vs. personally collected/dug), they have very high mortality rate. But there is very little labor involved to I still take them whenever I find one.

Was it just those three that was a sidewalk trees then? Well then, I need to congrat. you on finding this material, and making the effort to dig them up in the hot tx summer! (lived in tx for over 20 yrs) I do hope they make it!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
These are more than a year old now so chances are they will make it unless I mess them up big time. :eek:

Out of these 7...
3 was sidewalk pick-up, 4 were dug,
6 survived, 1 died.

In general (excluding pick-up trees), my current survival rate is 87.5% and that is year round collection (not always optimal conditions). Not by choice, but because that is when the trees are available.

You now know how that goes. ;)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
These are more than a year old now so chances are they will make it unless I mess them up big time. :eek:

Out of these 7...
3 was sidewalk pick-up, 4 were dug,
6 survived, 1 died.

In general (excluding pick-up trees), my current survival rate is 87.5% and that is year round collection (not always optimal conditions). Not by choice, but because that is when the trees are available.

You now know how that goes. ;)

Who can argue with those stats? Congrats Dario!

Top Bottom