Raft style reading material

12345_yes

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So! Time for an update on my X-mas tree spruce raft! The start of season three to become a bonsai and still going strong. Repotted the raft in a new box I made. The old one was falling apart and I wanted to reduce the original root ball some more. Unfortunately no new roots along the trunk yet... I think I did not go deep enough 2 years ago. At that time I was less aware of the different layers and the necessity to remove the cambium layer. See the pictures for what I did this time. Went deep enough for sure so fingers crossed for some root growth. I placed a bunch a guy wires to keep the trunks in the desired position for the composition. Plan for this year: let it grow, End of your prune back to interior growth if possible en enjoy. Comments and advice welcome.

12.jpg
Final result for now! See attached files for more.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 23

Sifty

Seed
Reaction score
Hi, I just joined because I saw that you were doing this raft style and I started one of my own with a small Christmas tree I got this year. I've been working on the shape so far and was looking for tips for rooting and I was wondering if you got any to grow last year.

Top Bottom