real name vs. pseudonym

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
There are good people just as there are bad. Whether you use a real name or a screen-name is irrelevant, it does not change you or how you behave. No matter under what circumstance, your true self will always be projected to others.

Last edited:

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Here's my new IQ test, respond to this thread in the next 15 years and you are a genius, nothing else needed. Engrave your cards today! ;)

Will

It's been fifteen years now. I was in the seventh grade when this was posted. I had just started taking an interest in bonsai trees within a year prior to the quoted post. It looks like "Anonymous User," "Will," has since been banned. Anyone remember why?

Last edited:

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's been fifteen years now. I was in the seventh grade when this was posted. I had just started taking an interest in bonsai trees within a year prior to the quoted post. It looks like "Anonymous User," "Will," has since been banned. Anyone remember why?
Yeah. I was here. At the risk of fueling interest in this crap, I'd say just let sleeping dogs lie. Not worth the electrons to go into...

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yeah. I was here. At the risk of fueling interest in this crap, I'd say just let sleeping dogs lie. Not worth the electrons to go into...

I don't mean to stir things up. I had assumed it happened long enough ago that it would be a funny story now. If there's a risk of causing a fight, by all means, please do not answer. It can't hurt to ask, right?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Relevantly, is there a pinned post with the website's rules? I can't seem to locate it. It's probably one of those cases where I was looking right at it but didn't see it.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don't mean to stir things up. I had assumed it happened long enough ago that it would be a funny story now. If there's a risk of causing a fight, by all means, please do not answer. It can't hurt to ask, right?
It's opening old wounds better left alone. A lot of it isn't funny and all of it isn't worth anyone's time.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Will made a post earlier that got me thinking - why do people choose to register at sites like this with either their real name or a pseudonym?

I never put much thought in to it - I registered and used my first name (Graydon) as my screen name. Many others use something else.

What's up with that? Anyone care to speak up as to why you did what you did?
I have been CajunRider for almost 4 decades, starting from the days of Bulletin board accessed by 300 baud modems, moving on to IRC, and now to every platform I am on.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
He's still here...

Stirring the pot occasionally, observing the results..

If you don't know WHO (or what name he posts under now) then it doesn't matter.

I wasn't around.. but I've inquired to the whole mess(which gets much grander and complicated BEYOND THIS post.. ((there are two other threads that tell the story better.. but once again.. If you don't know.. it's DEFINITELY not worth the energy.. as RockM stated))) but everything I learned was... non-satisfactory.. so I let the issue(s)... drop.

Chances are you've conversed with Will.. after his return.

I know I have.

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
. I had assumed it happened long enough ago that it would be a funny story now.

Nope... not ever gonna be funny.. or "interesting" to revisit..

Gauge how everyone is responding... ;)

Really.. "Contemptuous Eggshell" stuff!

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
But yeah. No idea who that might be, so I guess it doesn't matter. It's not like he's causing me problems personally through his clandestine enjoyment of this site.

Top Bottom