Security camera

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Added question.
Is the view of an activity from each camera recorded and stored?
Is the system 120 volt powered at the camera level or battery?

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If you don't mind the question, how much did the whole (new) setup cost you? Looks great.
I was taking a look around. I found this on Amazon. With the $40 instant coupon the cost is $399.99. Free shipping. Very good write-up on the system...and it has lots of descriptive technical abbreviations that I know nothing about....but they seem to break it down to common language for my understanding.
F5D4AA1E-88C8-49CA-AD81-20B99F9058FC.jpeg

Last edited:

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you don't mind the question, how much did the whole (new) setup cost you? Looks great.

4 Amcrest ultrahd 4k cameras $140 each. $560
Amcrest NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR $180
You don't have to have a 4k monitor. SCEPTRE 27 Inch IPS Ultra 4K LED Monitor.$210
Seagate Skyhawk 6TB Surveillance Hard Drive $200

$1150 total. Already had the Ethernet lines ran.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was taking a look around. I found this on Amazon. With the $40 instant coupon the cost is $399.99. Free shipping. Very good write-up on the system...and it has lots of descriptive technical abbreviations that I know nothing about....but they seem to break it down to common language for my understanding.
View attachment 211762
That's pretty much the system I had for the past year and it worked very good until lightning got it. The size of hard drives determines how many days of video before it over writes. I had those cameras with a 4 tb hd and could get a little over a month worth of video.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Added question.
Is the view of an activity from each camera recorded and stored?
Is the system 120 volt powered at the camera level or battery?
Cameras get power over the Ethernet cable. Not sure of the volts. (poe)
Each camera records and shows a live view. You can double click on the one you want to see full frame. Then double click again to go back to multiple views.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a screenshot from Amcrest phone app on my phone.
Screenshot_20180929-172504_Amcrest View Pro.jpg

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That's pretty much the system I had for the past year and it worked very good until lightning got it. The size of hard drives determines how many days of video before it over writes. I had those cameras with a 4 tb hd and could get a little over a month worth of video.
Can you save a particular sequence of activity from one or more cameras? Save it so it is not overwritten?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
HD camera, aimed towards the pool...…..does this come with a "discreet mode"?:eek::eek::eek::eek::p:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

…….clothing optional.......

great spot!!!!:cool:

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can you save a particular sequence of activity from one or more cameras? Save it so it is not overwritten?
You can save what you need on a thumb drive or an external hard drive. There is a usb port on the dvr for this. You can also set it up so it wont over write. It just stops recording until you format.

Top Bottom