semi-cascade manzanita

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vance--I'd like to set the record straight about being invited to give a workshop at the GSBF convention in Anaheim CA; that invite came from the workshop chair, Paul De Rose. He read the interview of me that Tom Kelly did for GSBF "Golden Statements" in the Sept/Oct 2004 issue. You had absolutely nothing to do with it. And as for goading me to post a photo to prove what I was talking about, that may well be true. But I had every intention of upgrading my system to post photos of my bonsai before I ever heard of you. So don't try to take credit for something you had nothing to do with. And now, I'm going to post some photos of the manzanitas I've collected, kept and sold over the years.
Another Oregonian. I'd love to meet you some time. I'll agree your Yamadori are beautiful! Glad to see that you seem to have cracked the "survival" nut with these. One thing I notice with all of them(???)is that none of them seem to have any training other than being successfully adapted to pot culture. Why not? Keep up the great work.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Potawatomi 13, What is the purpose of you posting this thread that goes back to Dec.2007.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I could ask you the same question. Just MAYBE Greg, my fellow Oregonian has his posts linked to email notifications. I also really like his trees. I couldn't help but notice that you seem to have some kind of animosity toward Greg which really goes against my grain! And I can't help but think you just don't want to see anybody compliment him or his trees. Sorry but I don't work that way.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Me too, but I could never convince him of that.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I could ask you the same question. Just MAYBE Greg, my fellow Oregonian has his posts linked to email notifications. I also really like his trees. I couldn't help but notice that you seem to have some kind of animosity toward Greg which really goes against my grain! And I can't help but think you just don't want to see anybody compliment him or his trees. Sorry but I don't work that way.

That was years ago over ten, all said and done and it was not me that had the animosity. Understanding that you cannot go back on the archive of Bonsai Web forum you really don't know the full aspect of what went down. It would seem that my suspicion was correct. Your purpose was nothing more than to open an old wound with Greg. This will be my last response to your cynical attempt to cause trouble where none exists.

Top Bottom