some pots that I made recently

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thanks str8 I have a few more coming and they as all the other slab construction pots are very time consuming. That is why the wheel thrown pots I do make are so reasonable.LOL

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Makes sense, I have two of your slab pots and they are on display in a safe space.

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
some views of in progress.......

Attachments

• IMG_6412.JPG
    IMG_6412.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6415.JPG
    IMG_6415.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6417.JPG
    IMG_6417.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7796.JPG
    IMG_7796.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6094.JPG
    IMG_6094.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 22

LuZiKui

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
some views of in progress.......
Vance about how long does it take for you to make a pot, like one of these slab built rectangles?

I've got to imagine it takes at least a handful from the prep all the way through final glazing and firing. The reason I ask is because I feel like we as consumers always want to pay the absolute minimum for products, but when you actually calculate it out, most artists are getting paid like $2/hr for their time.

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Vance about how long does it take for you to make a pot, like one of these slab built rectangles?

I've got to imagine it takes at least a handful from the prep all the way through final glazing and firing. The reason I ask is because I feel like we as consumers always want to pay the absolute minimum for products, but when you actually calculate it out, most artists are getting paid like $2/hr for their time.
In all honesty….
The slab built pots WITHOUT forms or guides etc tak on the average about 2-3 hr prior to fire. It is fussy time making visual corrections with adding and subtracting clay and burnish
Then 15 mins for glaze if it requires such

Top Bottom